RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-24-2020, 08:04 AM   #1

Front Watts Link on 04 Executive

Good morning everyone, have anyone install Monacowatts link on there 2004 Executive? Monacowatts donít make a kit for the Executive so I decided to order one for Dynasty AFWK-DYN714. The problem is the vertical tubes on the front of the cargo bay on the Executive is not 1.5Ē tube to mount the bracket. On the executive itís 3Ē vertical tubes. So now Iím looking at kit AFWK-233 which requires two 3Ē X 3Ē down tube to be installed in front of the cargo bay. I donít have a problem of welding the tube.

Anyone else have installed front suspension enhancement on 04 executive if so, what kit did you use? Thanks so much for your time!
Dueyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-24-2020, 11:25 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
If you get it working let me know I have a 2000 exe and have been wondering about a watts
Old 10-24-2020, 10:04 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Hopefully one of the main Watts guys will chime in here
You need to move the generator forward a couple of inches for the front Watts.
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 05:44 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dueyp View Post
Good morning everyone, have anyone install Monacowatts link on there 2004 Executive? Monacowatts donít make a kit for the Executive so I decided to order one for Dynasty AFWK-DYN714. The problem is the vertical tubes on the front of the cargo bay on the Executive is not 1.5Ē tube to mount the bracket. On the executive itís 3Ē vertical tubes. So now Iím looking at kit AFWK-233 which requires two 3Ē X 3Ē down tube to be installed in front of the cargo bay. I donít have a problem of welding the tube.

Anyone else have installed front suspension enhancement on 04 executive if so, what kit did you use? Thanks so much for your time!
David Pratt installed a Watts link on the front of his 2005 Exec and if you PM him he might be able to help. Go to post #1745 in the following link.
https://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/wan...24491-125.html

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 05:46 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Why do you want a Watts kit on your Executive? That Coach is built on the Roadmaster S-Chassis and has a Tag axle. It doesn't get much better than that.
CountryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 08:02 AM   #6

I wish I could PM someone, since I'm new and haven't post enough to PM yet. Thank you I'll definitely read the post.
Old 10-25-2020, 08:17 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryB View Post
Why do you want a Watts kit on your Executive? That Coach is built on the Roadmaster S-Chassis and has a Tag axle. It doesn't get much better than that.

I don't want to do anything to the back. I understand that the Tag Axle really help for the back end. I was wanting something to kind of control the wondering and then the re correction of the steering wheel. Thanks
Old 10-25-2020, 08:44 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
I put a Watts Link on a 2007 S Series 45' Signature. I made the pieces to go over the 3" structure. It did not make much difference in handling, in my case the rear axle was causing my wandering. That is in another thread. You may also have a Sheppard steering gearbox which I am told are problematic.
Old 10-25-2020, 10:26 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
We have a Watts link on our 2005 Signature with the S Series chassis.

It certainly improves the driving experience.

Paul
pwhittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 05:50 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwhittle View Post
We have a Watts link on our 2005 Signature with the S Series chassis.

It certainly improves the driving experience.

Paul
Please excuse me this is my first Monaco. Are the Signature chassis the same as Executive? I understand that there both have tag axle.

what kit or part# that you purchase? Thanks
Old 10-26-2020, 06:17 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Please excuse me this is my first Monaco. Are the Signature chassis the same as Executive? I understand that there both have tag axle.

I am not positive of this but I don't think there are any bolt on Watts link kits for the Dynasty and above coaches built on the S-chassis. You could confirm that by talking to Mike Hughes at www.monacowatts.com. I believe he is the only source of bolt on Watts link kits. There are some Windsor coaches built on the S-chassis and he may have a kit for one but it may be for the later Windsor coaches built like the Camelot. These kits are very specific and usually a different kit is required for the same model year depending on if the coach has leveling jacks or air bag leveling.

Paul who has the 2005 Sig is friends with Van Williams and perhaps Van helped him with his Watts link. Paul is also an accomplished do-it-yourself kind of guy. I believe you are trying to adapt a Watts link kit you purchased from Mike that is not for your chassis. In my opinion you cannot avoid some welding to do this.

I will send Van an email and ask him to take a look at this thread. He may have some suggestions.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 08:13 AM   #12

I'm 90% sure they fit 8 and 10 bag single and dual rear axel Dynasty,Sig.& Exec. have same chassis in single or dual, unless you go back in years to where I believe Crown Royale was available with Gilling chassis. Choice based on year and number of jacks. There is actually some confusion on chassis identity that I think is trying to be avoided.
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 08:53 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Here's a Watts Link on my 2007 S Series Chassis 45' Signature. The 3" wide piece asked about is the black vertical part on the left that the gold metal is bolted to. I made those two pieces. I thought Mike was going to start manufacturing that, you should call and ask. I used the Dynasty Kit.

Nothing had to be moved or re-routed, the parts are well made and fit well. In my case I drove about 5000 miles with it and then had occasion to disconnect the Watts Link for a few thousand miles and couldn't tell the difference. As I previously mentioned my handling problem was the rear axle thrust alignment bushings etc..

Old 10-26-2020, 08:55 AM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:

The Signature and Executive are built on the same chassis.
I'm not sure what year your Coach is - but should be same after 2005 (up until when the Roadmaster chassis was discontinued).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2002-2005 Monaco Model line-up.JPG
Views:	5
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	305998  
CountryB is offline   Reply With Quote