Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-02-2008, 05:04 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Taking mine into Simi RV tomorrow for list of little things. Wish me luck

2008 Monaco Cayman 38PBD
Up N Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-02-2008, 10:24 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Good Luck!!

Mama

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 06:21 AM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Brett, see you there..........

Don, don't forget what every cop and fireman have in common - they all want to be fireman!
Drug a lot of hose through New York City day before yesterday at Universal.............
Dancing Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 07:23 AM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dancing Bear:
Brett, see you there...
Don, don't forget what every cop and fireman have in common - they all want to be fireman!
Drug a lot of hose through New York City day before yesterday at Universal............. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>John, Diplomat Don is one of our true "Do it Yourselfers" that seems to be meticulous on everything he does ("Anal" to use his own words ) You can always take a look at his handiwork before you let him touch your coach - but I am pretty sure he does better work than the "pros" at Simi...but with that being said...it may give you a chance to meet Brett at Simi, instead.

MM

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 09:21 AM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Hi, John.
I investigated many dealers and motorhomes for 3 months before I bought my Camelot at Simi RV. The owner Jim was instrumental in my upgrading my choice to camelot. I took it back for minor repairs and they went above and beyond to correct everything and some I just mentioned in passing. I hope all goes well for you. I just wish I could find some time to get away.
On another note my youngest son has decided to join Fire Dept and is going down to Malibu to join Explorers. He is graduating High School and would accept any suggestions from Veteran fireman.

Craig

02 Suzuki XL7 toad
blackpool bertie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 06:45 PM   #20
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Dancing Bear...The Arson Investigator that got injured was my partner. She was working an O/T spot. I worked one the day before.

LASD Arson/Explosives Detail.

Out of courtesy, we let Freeman do the press releases following our investigations and arrests...
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 03:54 PM   #21

I have a 2006 Cayman that would not completely fill the Dsl Tanks but would overflow at the cap opening as if they were full. My fix was to remove the plastic liner under each front tire wheel well and cut the rubber fill tubes shorter until it fixed the problem. The rubber tubes were too long and sagged before going into the tanks. They looked like a plumbing trap.

Col.G
2006 Monaco Cayman
2004 Grand Cherokee Toad.
Col.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 09:51 AM   #22

Perhaps Col. G's post is one reason I can't get my fuel gauge to consistently show what my real fuel level is. I've been fighting this problem since Oct. 2007. Now after installing the third Centroid sensor and a new gauge, I still have the same problem. Monaco is absolutely no help with this. I've been going by odometer since buying the unit. Any further suggestions would be most appreciated. I don't have any more hair to tweak out.
Thanks and Semper Fi
Joe
joelsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 09:28 AM   #23

I was searching the web to find others who were also having this problem. We purchased our Cayman in 2008 and have had the fuel sender worked on THREE TIMES. We have either/both a highly fluctuating fuel gauge and/or no reliability on our gauge. We have logged all of our miles by watching the odometer. This is a severe issue and Monaco denies they have ever seen it. We have fought this battle from day one. We have been told that the new fuel sender types CANNOT BE CALIBRATED. The Monaco techs have shown us the difference between the 2008 types and previous ones.
Young&Restless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 01:42 PM   #24

Welcome to the club. I've install my third fuel sensor and one new gauge and still have the same problem I also use the odemeter to tell when I should fillup. On the calibration of the sensor we are told by Centroid to cycle the power for a max of 30 seconds. The problem with this is that it takes more than 30 sec for the gage to reach it's final level. If Monaco is is telling you that they haven't heard of this problem, they are either unaware of what they are talking about or lying. They have no less than 6 tickets on my problem. I took the rig to a repair shop and they just made it worse. It's apparent that Monaco will be of no help[ with rhis. One suggestion was to tie the sensor negative to chassis ground but they don't tell you a good location. It should be at the gage ground location; if not you might have a problem with divergent ground points; hello ground loop! In view of Monaco's financial problems I really don't have any hope for a resolution for no. I know this is not much help to you. Just thought that I would share my experience. My Cayman is a 2007 38PBT. If you loo9k on the iRV2 site , you will see that you are not alone. Incidentally, when you have a chace would you look at uour Generator access door and tell me if there are any springs or cables attached to the linkage to keep the door from bottoming out on the fiberglass?
Thanks and Semper Fi
Joe
joelsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 06:14 PM   #25

Monaco Owners Club
I have a 2007 HR Neptune and have had it in for
fuel tank calibration at least 3 times and it still has never shown full when in fact it is very full. We continue to check the mileage by writing it down each time we fill it with diesel and have to depend on this to know when it's time to fill the tank.

So, sounds like another repeated Monaco problem.
Old 12-21-2008, 09:58 AM   #26

Monaco Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">to know when it's time to fill the tank </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

For those of us that can't rely on the gauge and have to use this method, what mileage/mpg do you use? How about when you run with the generator on?

I have a 75 gal tank and refuel between 250 and 350 miles.
Nonno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 03:17 PM   #27

Door Rattle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Up N Flames View Post
I have a 08 Cayman and have non of your issues. My main pain is the front door rattle the dealer tried to fix 4 times already and still not right.

Hi
Just wondering if your rattling door have been fixed and if so, please let me know co'z i have the same problem with my '08 Cayman, 39ft. Thanks.
MARANATHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 08:28 AM   #28

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by revelation View Post
Hi
Just wondering if your rattling door have been fixed and if so, please let me know co'z i have the same problem with my '08 Cayman, 39ft. Thanks.
Still not 100% but better. The noise seemed to come from INSIDE the door. They told me they put rubber around the rods inside the door.

2008 Monaco Cayman 38PBD
Up N Flames is offline   Reply With Quote