Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-16-2011, 06:13 PM   #15

Does your bulb seal stop at the bottom in a plastic cup that drains outward or make like a u shape to turn water out?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-16-2011, 06:24 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Rooster View Post
Does your bulb seal stop at the bottom in a plastic cup that drains outward or make like a u shape to turn water out?
I have tried to look but I can't see the bulb seal under the slideout...all I can see are the rollers it is on. I will try to take another look tomorrow, thanks.
Khenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 06:53 PM   #17
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Khenson.....I had a similar issue on the front edge of my livingroom slide. When the coach was sitting at a slight downward angle, the water ran in and dripped down onto the carpet, just in front of the slide and against the wall. During a big storm the entire carpet under the driver's seat would get wet. When I lifted the coach up a couple inches past level in the front I wouldn't have an issue. It occurred with the slide either in or out.

After months of dealing with it, I finally found that the water was dripping onto the top of the slide and then dripping down the side of the slide. I discovered this by forcing a towel into the slide joint (wall and slide) about have way up. Further inspection revealed that water was entering the metal "C" channel that frames the slide opening ("C" channel frames opening and sandwiches inner and outer walls). There are holes drilled in this channel where it runs over the top of the slide. I could see water dripping out of the holes. The primary leak letting water in was at the opposite end of the slide (opposite the leak) exterior roof joint where the roof rolls over and meets the sidewall. I sealed both ends of the roof joint where it meets the slide cover and eliminated 95% of the leak.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 08:10 PM   #18

Sorry I meant to say side or wall seals basically where does the water go that runs do the side seals?
Old 03-17-2011, 05:52 AM   #19

Although this may not be the OP's problems here is my leak story: We have always had dry casrpets. No leaks. We were in Tucson when a monsoon hit. The rear bed window valence got wet. I checked everything to no avail. When I put the Dynasty in my shop I checked further. Then I noticed that the plastic deflectors on the bottom of the window frame were missing. These are the Atwood windows and those plastic pieces are not well designed. I think the slide seal rubbed against them and knocked them off. I siiconed the new ones!
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 09:04 PM   #20

Quote:
Here is a photo of my bulb seal. I'm not sure what you are asking. Notice, though, that there is a 1 inch gap in the bulb seal about 6 inches in. This gap exists at both ends of the slide.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0319.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	107.0 KB
ID:	8875   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0316.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	8876  

Old 03-19-2011, 09:09 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diplomat Don View Post
Further inspection revealed that water was entering the metal "C" channel that frames the slide opening ("C" channel frames opening and sandwiches inner and outer walls). There are holes drilled in this channel where it runs over the top of the slide. I could see water dripping out of the holes. The primary leak letting water in was at the opposite end of the slide (opposite the leak) exterior roof joint where the roof rolls over and meets the sidewall. I sealed both ends of the roof joint where it meets the slide cover and eliminated 95% of the leak.
Thanks Don...Do you have any pictures of this by chance? I can not seem to locate this "C"channel you are referring to.

The dealer now thinks the water is getting in because the wiper seals are not "flipping" properly when the slide is opened and closed (See photo). I doubt this is the solution because I made sure these seals were in their proper position last time It rained and it still leaked.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC_0324.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	106.2 KB
ID:	8877  
Old 03-19-2011, 09:12 PM   #22

Quote:
Sorry I meant to say side or wall seals basically where does the water go that runs do the side seals?
These photos might answer that...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC_0318.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	183.1 KB
ID:	8878   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0314.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	199.3 KB
ID:	8879  

Old 03-19-2011, 09:12 PM   #23

I believe the gaps are there to let water out when slide is closed did you check side seals to see where the water goes that runs down them it maybe running in not out.
Old 03-19-2011, 09:16 PM   #24

Bad cutting?

While having the dealer try to find this leak I also had them replace a broker cable on this same slide. Upon getting it home and inspecting their work I noticed the gaping hole in the wiper seal and in fact in the metal frame behind the seal. Here is a photo. Now, this was definitely not their before but I am sure this will allow more water in! Notice the second photo does not have this hole where the cable comes through the seal.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC_0325.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	8880   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0317.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	148.9 KB
ID:	8881  

Old 03-19-2011, 09:20 PM   #25

A few more photos

These are more pictures of this slide from the top.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC_0327.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	122.8 KB
ID:	8882   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0328.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	8883  

Name:	DSC_0329.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	122.7 KB
ID:	8884   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0330.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	102.1 KB
ID:	8885  

Old 03-19-2011, 09:23 PM   #26

Quote:
I believe the gaps are there to let water out when slide is closed did you check side seals to see where the water goes that runs down them it maybe running in not out.
Yes, see post #22 photos. Are you referring to these channels? Thanks.
Old 03-19-2011, 09:38 PM   #27

You know, after studying your diagram it appears mine is designed differently. I do not have a bulb seal or wiper seal on the bottom of the slide other than the bulb seal on the outer flange. Your diagram indicates that your seals under the slide are up against the wall??
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC_0322.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	120.6 KB
ID:	8887  
Old 03-20-2011, 12:09 AM   #28
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Khenson.....With the slide in, look on top of the slide at the slide opening. It's framed with a "C" channel frame around the top and two sides. It's what encases the opening. The "C" channel has weep holes. The water was coming out of those holes on mine and dripping onto the top of the slide.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote