Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-31-2013, 11:28 AM   #1

fuel mileage

I have an 2011 ISC 360 engine in my bus and I wonder what kind of fuel mileage i can resonable expect.
condor918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-31-2013, 11:34 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor918 View Post
I have an 2011 ISC 360 engine in my bus and I wonder what kind of fuel mileage i can resonable expect.
What is your coach?

Depends on a lot of things: weight, speed, terrain, tire pressures but most of all your right foot..
chawkins99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:45 AM   #3

Best I have seen was 9.5MPG cruising at 60MPH on fairly flat interstate. 65MPH will drop that to 8.5.
My rig is around 33,000 lbs including toad and has an ISC 330 motor.
You'll also hear the fisherman's tales claiming to get 18MPG from their 40,000 lb Behemoth. Heck, I can't get 18MPG from my Ford Expedition solo.
chawkins99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:48 AM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
to those who don't think driving styles matter, I have a good story. My dad was a truck driver for Terminal Transport. A truck manufacturer was trying to get Terminal to use their trucks. They let them have four Tractors (trucks) to test. Every gallon of fuel was logged. After a month, They came to my dad and told him they were going to give one of the other three. It seems he was getting much better fuel mileage than the other three. A month later they called him in the office and told him he was getting better fuel mileage with that one. They said he was just a better driver. Dad never floored it on hills. He didn't drive over the speed limit. And never did what he called "Jack Rabbit" takeoffs.
Old 07-31-2013, 12:08 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ga traveler View Post
to those who don't think driving styles matter, I have a good story. My dad was a truck driver for Terminal Transport. A truck manufacturer was trying to get Terminal to use their trucks. They let them have four Tractors (trucks) to test. Every gallon of fuel was logged. After a month, They came to my dad and told him they were going to give one of the other three. It seems he was getting much better fuel mileage than the other three. A month later they called him in the office and told him he was getting better fuel mileage with that one. They said he was just a better driver. Dad never floored it on hills. He didn't drive over the speed limit. And never did what he called "Jack Rabbit" takeoffs.
Nice story and sound advice at the same time.

I think that if you drive carefully, stick to the speed limits (which I recommend) and without "a lead foot" you are likely to average 8.5 miles to the gallon. This is assuming that your engine is in good shape.

My wife keep telling me that I shouldn't worry about it, because I can't change it any way, and I keep saying that I don't worry. Just between you and me - I am well chuffed when I "beat my average" when fuelling. Men/boy's like a challenge and I am no different

danes-on-tour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 04:56 PM   #6

I have a 2011 HR neptune 40pbq. I recently went from albany NY to Litchfield ME, 338 miles one way. I used the cruise controll all that i could. My speed was between 62-65 MPH. I had to climb some large hills (they call them moutains here in the east) and very little flat ground. I used 30.1 gals of fuel. if my math is correct that works out to 11 MPG. Oh yes vehicle weight is 33000 empty and believe me it is more than that with everything my wife has in it. I did not carry and water on board. I have the cummins 360 engine and 300 allison trans.
condor918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 06:30 AM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
As others have said, there are a lot of variables, such as driving habits, wind terrain, and weight. If you are towing a car 8.00 MPG is a good average number
Robert41 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuel