Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-11-2021, 09:05 AM   #1

Fuel Tank Sensor replacement - HR/Monaco

I am looking to replace my faulty Centeroid fuel tank sensor in our '02 Endeavor - it is top mount, visible from fuel tank panel/door. The 'probe' portion of the sensor is about 18" and is the exact replacement from Centeroid. Can the sensor be replaced without dropping the fuel tank ? Hoping so and that it would be an easy job.

Thanks in advance for your input
Wuzaboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-11-2021, 11:55 AM   #2

tank sensor

I have a 2004 monaco Windsor I did not have to drop the tank to change mine just be careful taking the old srews out as I snaped a couple of them and had to drill for new screws
TGAWLAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 01:27 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
You’re lucky yours is a top mount. Mine mounted on the side at the bottom of the tank. I had to drain the tank to replace it. It’s a pretty easy job, and now my fuel gauge actually works right.
Old 04-11-2021, 11:34 PM   #4

Unhappy Sender in fuel tank for 1995 HR DP Spartan chasse, replacement

I need to replace the fuel quantity sender in the 100 gallon diesel tank in my 37' 1995 HR DP that has a spartan chasse. I sure hope someone can advise me what it will take to do this. The gage is OK but when just above 3/4, the needle pegs to over full or super empty until the tank level gets just above 1/4. I pack two 5 gallon diesel fuel jugs, not trusting the gage. This RV has been a "Money Pit" & that is all I have been doing with it in the last 4.5 years, the cost as been $1/mile not including oil changes, (2) air filters nor fuel.
??HELP??? John
BluewaveRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 06:16 AM   #5

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuzaboater View Post
I am looking to replace my faulty Centeroid fuel tank sensor in our '02 Endeavor - it is top mount, visible from fuel tank panel/door. The 'probe' portion of the sensor is about 18" and is the exact replacement from Centeroid. Can the sensor be replaced without dropping the fuel tank ? Hoping so and that it would be an easy job.

Thanks in advance for your input

My 04 HR Imperial can also be changed from the top.
Label each wire and mark them on the sensor screws to match to the new one. I don't think mine had any identification on the sensor.
Also, mark the sensor orientation in the tank as the mounting holes are not evenly spaced.
Old 04-12-2021, 08:11 AM   #6

Thank you all for your feedback. I hope to be able to swap out the sensor later this week, and will post results.
Wuzaboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 01:26 PM   #7

Centroid has info on their sight about ordering, troubleshooting and calibration.
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 01:52 PM   #8

Yes replaced the sensor on my 02 Endeavor when I had it. As I recall slightly had to finagle it to get in because of the height but no big deal. Of course you wouldn't want the tank filled to the tip top but other than that no need to drain it. A quick fix for an annoying problem.
Old 04-12-2021, 08:42 PM   #9

You may already know this but just in case I'll tell how I did mine.

Mine is towards the pass side and the big door with the small fuel door doesn't open. Under the bottom edge of it, there are straps that hold
the door closed. Removing the screws lets that door raise like the others.
Prop it open and there is room to work.

Good luck
RamiDav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 11:04 PM   #10

Sender in fuel tank for 1995 HR DP Spartan chasse, replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryLook View Post
You’re lucky yours is a top mount. Mine mounted on the side at the bottom of the tank. I had to drain the tank to replace it. It’s a pretty easy job, and now my fuel gauge actually works right.
JERRY, your RV is the closest in age to mine. I am still looking for this 100 G tank I believe is just aft of the front wheel axel. I have not seen any way to gain access. I have a shallow compartment on each side just aft of the front wheels but not seeing any way to easily remove the fiberglass panels. I fear that I'll have to cut some how remove one & look-see.
WHICH SIDE WAS YOUR SENDER ON?? I JUST DO NOT KNOW WHAT I HAVE, SIDE OR TOP OR RIGHT OR LEFT. Sure wish there was a place to find information on this 37' RV no-slides.
BluewaveRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 06:46 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluewaveRV View Post
I need to replace the fuel quantity sender in the 100 gallon diesel tank in my 37' 1995 HR DP that has a spartan chasse. I sure hope someone can advise me what it will take to do this. The gage is OK but when just above 3/4, the needle pegs to over full or super empty until the tank level gets just above 1/4. I pack two 5 gallon diesel fuel jugs, not trusting the gage. This RV has been a "Money Pit" & that is all I have been doing with it in the last 4.5 years, the cost as been $1/mile not including oil changes, (2) air filters nor fuel.
??HELP??? John
John, You might try here.
https://www.irv2.com/forums/groups/3...ners+club.html
RamiDav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 08:32 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 153stars View Post
Centroid has info on their sight about ordering, troubleshooting and calibration.
Replaced mine couple months ago. Centroid has special monaco sensors that are pre-calibrated drop-in replacements and I don't think they are detailed on the website. They don't sell direct, and if you contact them and tell them what you're doing, they'll refer you to Lazy Days. As far as I can tell, Lazy Days might have some kind of exclusive distributorship for these monaco sensors. Measure the height of your tank to confirm before ordering and they'll get you the right sensor. Your old sensor should also have a sticker with P/N on it.
Dorothy Purvis at Lazy Days (352) 330-3800
As long as you've got sufficient clearance over the tank, the sensor replacement is very easy. 6 fasteners and 4 screw terminals. The hole in the tank is significantly bigger than the probe, so it can come out at an angle.
Cheers,
Walter
Old 04-13-2021, 09:23 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by wamcneil View Post
Replaced mine couple months ago. Centroid has special monaco sensors that are pre-calibrated drop-in replacements and I don't think they are detailed on the website. They don't sell direct, and if you contact them and tell them what you're doing, they'll refer you to Lazy Days. As far as I can tell, Lazy Days might have some kind of exclusive distributorship for these monaco sensors. Measure the height of your tank to confirm before ordering and they'll get you the right sensor. Your old sensor should also have a sticker with P/N on it.
Dorothy Purvis at Lazy Days (352) 330-3800
As long as you've got sufficient clearance over the tank, the sensor replacement is very easy. 6 fasteners and 4 screw terminals. The hole in the tank is significantly bigger than the probe, so it can come out at an angle.
Cheers,
Walter
When I bought mine a few years ago they would only not sell you direct if you lived in Florida. My impression was that they didn't want to be responsible for collecting sales tax. Don't know if that's changed since then but the Lazy Days price was substatially higher. I had a friend in NC order it for me and bring it with him on his next trip.
Old 04-14-2021, 05:30 AM   #14

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdc99 View Post
When I bought mine a few years ago they would only not sell you direct if you lived in Florida. My impression was that they didn't want to be responsible for collecting sales tax. Don't know if that's changed since then but the Lazy Days price was substatially higher. I had a friend in NC order it for me and bring it with him on his next trip.

The previous owner for mine got the new sender from Veurink's. I think it was around $150.00. You might want to check just for comparison.
They are not the cheapest either but can usually find pretty much anything. https://www.veurinksrv.com/

Tags
ace, fuel, monaco, replace, replacement, tank