Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-31-2008, 03:42 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sixpack98:
More than a little worried about taking my wife to the Dallas RV show the end of Feb. She saw the SFT in in some magazine and wants to see the Diplomat and Endeavor models. I've put 2 years into making the current coach right - warranty work and adding gizmos - and shutter to think of doing it all over again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Mark,

Ooh, I know exactly what you mean. I've gone through the same thing for the past 12 months, now. No way I'd trade at this point. Tell her that she's never going to get that nice kitchen the PET has, with all that counter space, in any coach with a full wall slide. Plus, the dinnette on the curb side, looking out into your own camp site, is a real nice feature, too.
Robin_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-01-2008, 06:55 AM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Robin,

We picked up our 2008 on June 12th, 2007 so we've had it quite a while for 4500 miles. We really plan to put some miles on it this summer! We got one of the last "old" engines.

Luke,

Our bath door doesn't stay closed sometimes either, mostly when traveling. We've had it adjusted, but it still doesn't stay closed. We took it in yesterday to get some of the last of the warranty items taken care of. Of course, they ordered parts and told us to come back when the parts come in to get the work done. Hopefully they take care of everything.

GW
Old 02-01-2008, 08:21 AM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gypsies:
We picked up our 2008 on June 12th, 2007 so we've had it quite a while for 4500 miles. We really plan to put some miles on it this summer! We got one of the last "old" engines. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>GW,

You were lucky to find an engine without the new emissions stuff on an '08 coach. Saved you a few bucks, hopefully.
Old 02-01-2008, 08:29 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
I am pleased to announce that we now have heat to the bathroom, after Monaco Las Vegas installed a duct to the heater vent in the bathroom. I am told that they can shim the bathroom doors so they stay shut. I am having two 130 watt solar panels installed on Monday, here in Quartszite. I relly hope that the "pre-wired for solar" wire is where the sticker on the roof says it is.

The only really big issue left to deal with is the HUM in the sound system. Robin says that the Monaco fix is to be avoided, so I am giving some extended thought as to what I want to do. He also has me thinking about new wiper arms. I installed the new monitor housing, but DW, who does most of the driving, still can not see much beyond the toad, so I need to shim it about an inch on the bottom.

The Norcold is running again after getting a new power board.

We took Monaco Mama's advice and bought the Rv Quick Shades today. I think they will work great. The cat really likes them, also.
Lukeaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 09:14 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Luke...Great news in your post... almost! (OK... progress has been made! )

MY Gosh... Now that I know that your wife is driving...well I would love to see her log onto iRV2 also!. I am sure that with the inspiration I get from Mic & her... well I could be driving in no time!

Glad you picked up one of the RV QuickShades. Which color did you get?
Maybe we can get GoneFishin to post a picture of her black one ... and I will post a picture of my tan....Love my Quickshades!

MM

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 04:00 AM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lukeaa:
The only really big issue left to deal with is the HUM in the sound system. Robin says that the Monaco fix is to be avoided, so I am giving some extended thought as to what I want to do. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Luke,

Just to clarify about the sound system hum, I didn't say that the Monaco fix was to be avoided, but that it was an over-kill. (Original thread here.) I did use "switch box" they provided (without the converter and the relay) and that did resolve the problem.

That was about 7 months ago now. It's quite possible that Monaco now has a better solution. I'm sure they consider it a "known problem" by now. I'd contact them about it. Send me a PM, if you want a contact to talk to.
Old 02-02-2008, 07:47 PM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Mama,

The shades are tan. We have not cut them yet. My DW wants to have a large table to tailor them on, so it will probably be another week before we are somewhere with a rec room and big table. Thanks for the recommendation on the shades. Our old coach had the outside sun screens and I never used them because it was a pain to get out the ladder to put them up.

Robin,

We are on the move until the end of April, so I will probably put off fixing the hum until then. At this point, I am just unplugging the amp, when we are not using it. That stops the hum. Tonight, I am installing a solar controller remote monitor, next to the 110V panel in the back closet. The controller http://www.amsolar.com/hpv30.html will go next to inverter. I am using the pre-wired 10 guage wires to connect to two 130 watt Kyocera solar panels. I think I can run a 8/2 wire from the battery compartment, through the compartment wall forward, into the water tank compartment and then up beside the black water vent pipe to the roof, if I want to add more panels in the future. We are in Quartzsite this week and it is getting to be a pain running the genset twice a day.
Lukeaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 08:09 PM   #22

Monaco Owners Club

Lukeaa,
I can understand Kathy wanting to use a table to do the cutting -- perhaps she sews or is a quilter? But we had good luck just letting them hang from their suction cups and trimming just a little bit at a time to see if they were hanging straight or touching the dashboard. That old saying "measure twice, cut once" turned into "measure many times, mark with chalk, trim a little, then measure some more". I also was able to borrow some electric scissors (thank you Crystal!) and even after I thought I was finished trimming, I gave them all a good haircut and trimmed them all right around the window frame so the shades lay right against the wall and frame. I'll try to post up-close photos in the other thread tomorrow.
GoneFishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 09:07 PM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The shades are tan. We have not cut them yet. My DW wants to have a large table to tailor them on, so it will probably be another week before we are somewhere with a rec room and big table. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Luke...I actually got on my hands & knees - and cut it while I had it down on the tile
"hallway" between the two front sofas.

I am more than happy with the system...and how easy it is to put up...

I am glad you made the investment - I can tell you that both "GoneFishin" and I cannot be any happier with how well it works!

MM

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 05:47 AM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Our bath door doesn't stay closed sometimes either, mostly when traveling. We've had it adjusted, but it still doesn't stay closed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
This is another of those "factory failures"
We also had this problem...The sink drains and all connections (water lines, electrical) to the kitchen slide come up through the floor in the wall between the bath and kitchen..They leave long enough connections to enable the slide to move in and out.
On ours, the sink drain was just flopping loosely back and forth in there. It should be anchored solidly to the slide or the flexible hose does not move back and forth in the wall. On ours, it finally caught and broke the 1.5" drain pipe for the sink
They had wire-tied all the moving wires and plumbing together, unfortunately not all of them had the same radius bend so some were not moving at the same rate. This caused a bind in the mess that is in that wall. This in turn, caused the wall to actually move back and forth whenever the kitchen slide was extended and retracted.. If you watch that wall whenever the slide is moving, you will see what I mean...
The wall movement causes the gap around the door to increase and decrease because the wall is not anchored to the floor. In turn, the door jamb and strike plate no longer fit together as they should.
If you close the door before pulling in the slide, you probably have a jammed door, correct?? and if you pull in the slide and then try to close the door, it hits the wall??
SacsTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 06:38 AM   #25

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Sacs,

That must have been quite a pain. I saw a picture of your coach at the Harrisburg Service Center with the wall between the kitchen and the bathroom torn apart, but I didn't understand at that time what they were fixing. I hope they corrected all that for you. While I've had lots to fix over the past 12 months, luckily I haven't experienced that problem.
Old 02-03-2008, 07:04 AM   #26

Monaco Owners Club
Yeah, it was a real problem for a while..I fixed the drain issue myself and untied most of the wire ties so that things could move at their own pace in the wall and that helped, but the wall continued to move..When they finally pulled eveything apart and took a look, there was only one screw holding the wall in place..It was behind the door jamb, going down into the tile grout at approx a 30* angle.
We still have an occasional flexing problem on the bedroom to bathroom door depending on just how it levels up when the jacks are down, but I think I can fix that by moving the strike plate.
SacsTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 03:01 PM   #27

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SacsTC:
We still have an occasional flexing problem on the bedroom to bathroom door depending on just how it levels up when the jacks are down, but I think I can fix that by moving the strike plate. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I used to have that problem occasionally also. But ever since I stopped using the "automatic leveling system" and started doing it manually, I haven't seen it again. (That's not the reason I stopped using the "automatic mode" - but it is a side benefit. )

I didn't realize that bathroom wall was sitting on top of the tile floor. Something not quite right about that design.
Old 02-03-2008, 03:23 PM   #28

Monaco Owners Club
Robin -- I have a 07 Camelot with tile flooring -- The bath wall sits on the tile on my coach also,& I now have 2 have cracked tile under the wall -- They tile the floor before any walls or cabinets are installed -- Faster for production -- Bill Willard
William Willard is offline   Reply With Quote