Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-20-2022, 09:44 PM   #1

Furnace fan started parked in my shop.

I am working on installing New AC units, Parked in my shop plugged into my 50 amp. I had the interior lights on and turned breakers to both AC units off.

Nothing else was on in the coach. I was disconnecting the wiring on the living room AC. Suddenly I hear a fan running and it was my furnace.
What the heck. I check the thermostat and it is blank not turned on. I am looking around trying to figure out what is happening. Fan shut off after 3 or 4 minutes.

Very strange, any ideas what caused that fan to turn on for a few minutes?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-20-2022, 11:06 PM   #2

Hi Rusty Kramer; Had this happen once on my 01 Windsor. I turn off the battery disconnect switch/salesmen switch when I leave the coach. Also turn the off/on switch to off position on the thermostat when finished with the A/C heating. One time when I left the coach I turned the modes off on the thermostat but forgot to turn the switch on the bottom of the thermostat to off. When I entered the coach and turned the battery disconnect switch to on, the furnace fan started running. The modes on the thermostat were showing off, but the fan kept running and did not turn off. The furnace did not try to light. I turned the on/off switch to the off position and the fan ran for about 3 to 4 minutes and then turned off. ??????? Never has that happened again. Electrical gremlins in the system. Thought I would share and sorry, no idea why.
8.3Oilbuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 11:45 PM   #3

When you were disconnecting the front A/C , did you remove a plug ; or two ;similar to a phone wire from the unit ?

There is kind of an odd arrangement in dual A/C , propane furnace controls .
The front A/C is the master unit and the thermostat is hooked directly to it , the master sends control signals to the rear A/C and/or the furnace . So as you disconnected the wiring the A/C board sent a 12 volt start up signal to the furnace .
Old 04-21-2022, 09:23 AM   #4

8.3, Skip,

Thanks guys. Yep had to be since I unplugged the phone type jack in the front AC. My Thermo-stat switch on the bottom of the old 4 button was not off.
That just blew my mind for a bit!
Thanks again!
Old 04-21-2022, 10:25 AM   #5

Are you replacing the 4 button thermostat ?

If you're up grading to a five button and the four button was working properly , there is a market for them , as they're obsolete from the manufacturer .

I've got a neighbor who needs one , and I'm having trouble sourcing the momentary switches for the repair .
Old 04-21-2022, 09:17 PM   #6

Skip, Yes I am getting a new thermostat for the new units. I can let you know when I have the new units up and running and no longer need the 4 button for your buddy.

Tags
ace, fan, furnace