Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-28-2017, 08:02 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsorbill View Post
I agree, but when genny shuts down and I still have 80 gallons of fuel in the tank, it's becoming an inconvenience. With 80 gallons, I can still drive to Timbucktoo and back. We live in a very hot climate so running the genny with roof airs on while driving is pretty much all the time during the hot summer months.

I would like to get the genny intake down to 40 or maybe 50 gallons before it sucks air. To me, that would be more reasonable.
Yes, in that case, yes by all means extend it, no one knows your equipment, and your needs better that you.

DTW
Dtwallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-01-2017, 05:29 AM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
When my generator ran out of fuel when on the road it was around a corner.

I had to bleed the fuel lines to get it started again.

Paul
pwhittle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 06:21 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwhittle View Post
When my generator ran out of fuel when on the road it was around a corner.

I had to bleed the fuel lines to get it started again.

Paul
Yeah mine did the same going over a hill on some back roads. I extended the pickup tube like the others did several years ago. I know the tube is shorter for a reason but let me explain. My Neptune only has a 75 gallon tank. When I was at half a tank and take a curve or hill genny would cut off. Now half a tank is not much over 200 miles. The DW is not very happy when the A.C. goes off when it's 90+ outside. So I extended the pickup tube. Now I can go about 400 miles before the genny thinks about cutting off. I just have to pay attention if I was dry camping for a long time. My guess would be I would have 10 to 12 gallons after genny would stop in a dry camping situation.

Chad
onechaddude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 06:26 AM   #18
YC1

Using Brians suggestion I extended mine too. I got tired of it cutting off at 50 gallons in a 100 gallon tank.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuel, generator