Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-04-2020, 10:26 AM   #1

Generator Hydraulic Slide Cylinder Leaking 2000 Dynasty

2000 Dynasty 36

Hydraulic cylinder powering the slide has developed a leaking front seal (leaks when being RETRACTED). I'm going to remove it and hope it is a rebuildable cylinder. Starting shortly.

Anyone with any experience sourcing parts or repairing this cylinder? I'd like ot hear from you. TIA
Vanwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-04-2020, 11:17 AM   #2

Were it mine, I would take it to a hydraulic repair shop and let them either repair if possible, or I would buy a new one. No hassles at my age is a good day.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 12:21 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Van

Your generator slide may be like mine.

I had recently worked with another Monaco owner who's generator slide was creeping out. He ultimately took the Hydraulic cylinder off and took it to a shop and had it rebuilt, they did it in a day so the seals must have been common size.

While you have the ram out I clean the system thoroughly, I've had problem with my lock valve due to contamination. I had to replace the lock valve in the block due to contamination and still have some problems with it seizing up.

Here is some info on the slide assembly
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Power Gear Generator Slide Manual 82-S0298-00.pdf (144.6 KB, 64 views)
File Type: pdf Generator Slide Lock Valve.pdf (116.3 KB, 61 views)
File Type: pdf 1 Generator Slideout Info.pdf (18.7 KB, 63 views)
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 04:39 PM   #4

On my last motorhome slide was leaking, ended up being hose at ram.
Outbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 05:26 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacwjames View Post
Van

Your generator slide may be like mine.

I had recently worked with another Monaco owner who's generator slide was creeping out. He ultimately took the Hydraulic cylinder off and took it to a shop and had it rebuilt, they did it in a day so the seals must have been common size.

While you have the ram out I clean the system thoroughly, I've had problem with my lock valve due to contamination. I had to replace the lock valve in the block due to contamination and still have some problems with it seizing up.

Here is some info on the slide assembly
Thanks, Jim! I've gotten the cylinder out, and it's a repairable type. However, I'm not sure it is Power Gear brand. It does not appear quite like your .pdf's and it does not have a cylinder-mounted locking valve.

It's dark and wet here. I'll take another look tomorrow after church. Although there is no hydraulic cylinder I can't repair myself, I might take the other poster's advice and just drop it off at a hydraulic repair shop, assuming there is one in my area. The front seal is leaking.

Thanks to all who replied!
Old 01-10-2020, 05:52 PM   #6

My hydraulic system for the genny slide was an HWH. I got it out and took it apart. Had to machine a spanner wrench to get the head loose. I had planned to order the seals from McMaster but checked with a hydraulics shop about 30 miles from my house. They replaced all the seals in the cylinder head--O-ring for the head-to-cylinder seal, piston lip seal, and rod wiper for $6 and installed them in the head!! Everything is working again.

Thanks for the replies!

Atlantic Hydraulics. Sanford, NC
Old 07-29-2020, 08:49 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
I have an external fuel filter on my 7500 quiet diesel and it’s time to change it. I extended the generator to verify the p/n and after retracting it I found hydraulic fluid beneath the coach. I’m on the road so I won’t be able to lol at it until I get home. This post helps a lot. Thanks Van and Jim.

It looks like it’s the ram itself that’s leaking rather than a hose.
Old 07-30-2020, 05:08 PM   #8

My genny slide constantly creeped out, had the hydraulic cylinder rebuilt and new hoses at local shop for $160, working perfectly since.

Tags
generator, hydraulic, leak, slide