Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-11-2021, 06:40 AM   #1

Generator slide hyd cyl leaking

My 2000 exec.has a Generator slide hyd cyl leak at the shaft seal.
Hwh cylinder. I called them and they said it would take up to to weeks for a call back from tech or parts as they are real busy.
Does any one know if there is a seal kit available for this or an aftermaket cyl that will work?
straycatboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-11-2021, 06:50 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Slide Seal

Any good hydraulic shop will be able to rebuild that for you...about 30 minute job. Have plugs ready to put in lines when you remove them so you don't introduce a lot of air into the system.
Twomed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 07:05 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Here's a thread about your issue
https://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/gen...ak-499545.html

Long story short is to remove and take it to a hydraulic shop and they can fix.

Or remove it and take it apart yourself and just take the end gland to the shop and have them match the seals. These older units should have standard dimensions and easy to match.

FWIW, I had a leaking cylinder on the backhoe/tractor. I had ordered a seal kit, readily available and was in the process of replacing the seals but I screwed one of the small stem seals. Took it to the nearby hydraulic shop, that I've used for hoses etc and showed it to one their tech, he pulled a seal off the shelf and put it in without any effort at all.
jacwjames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 09:53 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
You can rebuild it yourself, but you need some type of seal tool to install the seals.
Old 06-11-2021, 01:48 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by barmcd View Post
You can rebuild it yourself, but you need some type of seal tool to install the seals.

The part # would be handy as the hydraulic shop might screw mine up not knowing the correct seal. My seals were totally destroyed and I have nothing to go on. Seems HWH may have run a special seal as these don't look like any hydraulic seals I've ever replace in other cylinders.
Mine has two seals or a seal and a shaft wiper
Old 06-13-2021, 05:07 PM   #6

It took HWH a week to return my call to buy a part. They are either under a lot of demand or they fired all their employees. In either case in the week I sorted the problem out and saved $200 plus.
distaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 09:53 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by straycatboat View Post
The part # would be handy as the hydraulic shop might screw mine up not knowing the correct seal. My seals were totally destroyed and I have nothing to go on. Seems HWH may have run a special seal as these don't look like any hydraulic seals I've ever replace in other cylinders.
Mine has two seals or a seal and a shaft wiper
I don't know the part number for the seals, but it took the shop three tries to find a seal that worked.
Old 06-15-2021, 03:33 PM   #8

I replaced both seal and shaft wiper today with common hand tools.
I ordered the seals from McMaster -Carr

Seal part# 9505K22

Wiper seal Part# 1490N14
About $30
Works like a champ now.
Reservoir takes 2 qts Dextron III
HWH never called me back, so I figured it out in the interm, saved me many $
I have a extra seal and wiper if someone needs them. I bought 2 in case of damaging them when installing

Tags
generator, leak, slide