Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-15-2019, 11:48 AM   #1

Generator slide latch handle

I have a 2006 Monaco Diplomat. The handle/latch assembly for the generator slide has always been a bit difficult to operate. I have lubed everything and checked adjustment, which made it a bit better. While looking it over I noticed that the handle assembly above the license plate seemed to have an issue. Some of the moving parts don't seem to be working together the way they should. Instead of pushing on a certain part when you operate it, they are just moving past them and not operating the latch. I am trying to source a new handle assembly. I have search on this forum and online and have not found much info on the handle assembly, only the latches themselves. Any help with repairing this unit or finding a replacement would be greatly appreciated.
R-racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-15-2019, 03:20 PM   #2

HI R-racer; Yes, know what you are talking about. Took a while to get everything adjusted and lubed on my 01 Windsor. Mine works fine now. If you have questions about the handle I would contact TriMark. They have a contact section on their web site. Their handles are used on a lot of RV's. Hope they can help with your question and good luck!
8.3Oilbuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 05:37 AM   #3

Thanks very much for the info! I will check that out for sure! I am hoping that maybe I can repair the existing latch. I am hoping that maybe someone on here has had a similar issue and can let me know what they did.
R-racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 08:44 AM   #4

Well, I have let this go for a while due to being busy with other more pressing issues. I looked into the latch again and it does not appear to be operating properly. I have lubed it and tried to adjust it and it just doesn't work right. There is a metal piece that presses against another metal piece to operate the cables that open the latches. Instead of pressing on the other metal piece it is sliding under it and the latch doesn't operate. I have moved things around and I can get it to work once and then it slides back under the other piece. It really appears to be a poor design, unless something is missing on this one.

I left a message for Trimark but I am hoping someone on here has fixed or replaced this latch before.

Thanks ahead of time, your help is much appreciated!
Old 10-25-2019, 02:37 PM   #5

Hoping someone can help with this! I have done a lot of research online and have not been able to come up with a replacement handle or a fix for the existing one.
Old 10-25-2019, 03:42 PM   #6

Hi R-racer; Still been reading your posts about the gen. handle not working correctly. If you did not get the response from Trimark that you needed, I have an idea and not sure it will work. Just got off the Visone RV Salvage web site and they have a number of Diplomats with your body style. Each one has the complete front gen. cover. I doubt they would sell you just the handle off a complete door, but they could possibly have a damaged door not shown online for your body style. Just for the heck of it I would call or e-mail them a question about, do you have the gen. door handle that will fit a 2006 Monaco Diplomat. See if they can get you any info since you have not had much luck. There are some other salvage yards across the U.S. Just can't think of them at the moment. If I was in your situation I would try my suggestion. Do not know if any of this will help, but I thought I would put it out there. Good luck and let us know if you have any success!
8.3Oilbuner is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
generator, slide