Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-25-2014, 09:23 AM   #1

Gray Water release

The gray water release is stuck. Does anyone know where the tank is on our 2005 HR Vacationer. Called and was told to cut a hole on the bottom of the coach???
hanksy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-25-2014, 10:38 AM   #2

Simply don't believe this. Look for a panel, potentially screwed closed rather than behind a standard door panel in the basement. If you don't see anything, look for back hidden side and back panels in storage area in basement.

Good luck

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 10:41 AM   #3

We need more information, are you saying the valve won't open or the tank won't drain
99Monaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 10:43 AM   #4
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanksy View Post
The gray water release is stuck. Does anyone know where the tank is on our 2005 HR Vacationer. Called and was told to cut a hole on the bottom of the coach???
Welcome to irv2. Hopefully we'll come up with a better answer than cutting any holes.
Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 12:45 PM   #5

The valve won't open, therefore we can't drain the tank. The gray water is overflowing and going into the black water.
Old 03-25-2014, 01:47 PM   #6

hansky, have you really pulled hard on the pull handle? It is a plastic plate that slides between two o-ring type seals. There really is nothing to keep it from not pulling out. Try real hard.

If it still want come out you will need to loosen the four bolts/nuts that hold the valve in the pipe fittings. This will let the gray water drain out around the seals on to the ground or some buckets. Once drained remove the old drain valve assembly. You can buy a new valve assembly at most Wal-marts in the RV supplies section or local RV dealer. They are less than 15.00. The removal/install directions or on the package.

Hope this helps you out.

George
Old 03-25-2014, 01:59 PM   #7

Gulf Streamers Club
Is your Grey tank dump valve directly connected to the slide valve or operated by a cable in a sheath? If it's remote, the cable could be bound up in the sheath by dried grease or rust. Try applying PB Blaster or some other penetrating oil.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 07:37 AM   #8

Forest River Owners Club
With cable pull valves, if the cable sheath/housing comes loose where it is secured on either end, then the cable can move without moving the valve. On mine, the housing pulled loose from the handle on two of my three valves. I was able to resecure the housing to handle body using small wire ties. If you are unable to re secured the housing to the handles, the cable must be replaced. to find out what the problem is, you have to remove the metal paneling or whatever is present where the valve handles are visible. Actually getting your hands on the valve itself, often does require getting to it from an adjacent storage compartment (removing part of a wall in my case) or through the bottom of the coach (as a dealer with one of mine).
AFChap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 08:49 AM   #9

grey water valve cable problems

my wife has been on here looking for help but she didn't put our model. its a 2005 hr vacationer 36wdd. does anyone have one of these rigs that somewhere around the same year that has had problems trying to access the grey water valve. I called monoco but they were not really much help. they told me to try taking the service center panel off and seeing if I can access it that way. that's quite a project not being sure it would help. it seems like the cable that operates the valve is quite a ways in there. I cannot find any other access to this valve. monoco said maybe cut o hole underneath. well I am not even sure where the valve is located, so really don't want to start cutting holes. anyone please help. thanks Doug
Old 03-28-2014, 09:48 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Doug -- How long have you owned this coach ? Is this the first time that you`ve tried dumping this tank ?-- How is it draining into the black water tank ? William Willard
William Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 03:04 PM   #11

Send a message via Yahoo to Garbageman
Doug, sorry for your difficulties. Take a picture of your wet bay area where your tank releases area and post the picture here. Someone then can identify your valve/handle/cable setup and tell you what you need to remove to access the valve and release your grey water.
Paul
Garbageman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 03:18 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Willard View Post
Doug - How is it draining into the black water tank ? William Willard
William
THAT is a good question!
(I don't understand how that can be happening).
Mel
'96 Safari
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 03:35 PM   #13

I had a 2004 pct and the valves were hook by cable to the handle about 4ft long. The valve could be access by the opposite side. Black and grey water were hooked up the same way.
Old 06-18-2014, 07:54 AM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
I have a 2006 Monaco Knight - have the same problen - took apart the valve and its fine so I took off the hose at the tank and there is a flap valve that is stuck shut - Not sure why two valves except maybe for back up ptrevention. Wet and cold so I will keep digging later.
2012 Jeep Liberty
docsdock is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water