Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-05-2021, 12:07 PM   #1

Ground wire for tank levels board

We have a 1999 Monaco Executive that the tank level buttons no longer work. My husband thinks its the ground wire but isn't sure where to locate. Does anyone have any experience or ideas for him? He'd really appreciate the help. Thanks.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-05-2021, 12:39 PM   #2

He can take the control off the wall then try to figure out which wire is which coming out of the control. A wiring diagram of the control might help there too.

From doing that, he can figure out which wire is ground, and just run a jumper wire from a ground point inside the coach somewhere and see if the tank levels start reading.

If that control performs other functions, and those functions work, it may be possible your tank sensors are blinded. Do a YouTube search on “The Geo method” and/or “poo- pyramid” - there is a guy that has tap two part series of videos explaining in layman’s terms how to clean your tanks, get your tank sensors working, and save you bunches of money - not to forget that your waste tanks and bathroom won’t stink any more.
MrMark52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 06:50 AM   #3

I don't think Exec. has button type internal tank probes. My 95 has external tape type. I don't think they went backward tech. wise. I was able to access sensors under hinged door no handle/latch has two screws under the door. There may have been wirenuts under there that may be an issue who knows.
I'm pretty sure sender modules fuse and others like for ceiling lights is in small fuse panel with ground bar is behind my hinged power panel but yours may be/probably is different in that regard.
153stars is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 07:07 AM   #4

I've attached a picture of the panel we are wondering about. Anyone have any advice on why the lights aren't working. Show empty on all buttons. We know we have plenty of lp.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210807_074938.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	216.8 KB
ID:	338668  
DJliving is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank