Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-17-2015, 10:43 AM   #29

To Steve-Junell

Steve,

Nice job on the Samsung install. Exactly what I am doing. Curious what you had to do to get it in the coach. Looks great and did you have any problems or things you would do differently?

Thanks for sharing!!

Dan
Sugarbeach42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-17-2015, 10:45 AM   #30

Ford Super Duty Owner
Very nice
Waiter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 07:48 PM   #31

Sugar beach
To get the fridge in i stripped everything off of it I could, doors, waterline and clips on the back I removed the screen door and passanger seat and went thru the door it was a small miracle that it went thru. I had 4 guys to help and was barely enough but we got it in
It's so nice to have the res fridge it gets so cold

Now I need to find a latch for the doors what are you guys doing for that
Old 04-18-2015, 02:48 PM   #32

To Steve-Junell RE: Samsung Refer

Steve,

I saw a pretty ingenious way to keep the doors on the Samsung from opening when driving. You get some 3/8 ply board and cut a U shaped piece with the two sides long enough to reach past the bottom freezer drawer going between the handle and the drawer. The width between the two legs is just a little wider that the width of both top door handles when they are closed. The width of each down leg was approx. 2 inches and the length of the legs was approx. 12 to 14 inches from inside the U.

Cover it with vinyl or some material that won't scratch the door or handles. The one I saw was covered in a nice vinyl they bought at the fabric store. They used some staples to secure the vinyl which were on the outside edge of the U so as to not scratch the refer.

You install it by going in at an angle from the side with the handles going between the legs then turn it down where the two sides go between the bottom handle and the face of the drawer. The legs drop down to below the drawer and the top of the U rides on the inside of the handles between the upper handles and the doors.

No rattles and two upper doors won't open and the two extending sides of the piece go down to prevent the bottom drawer from pulling out. Locking them in place while traveling.

I am sure you could also find a piece of plastic or other material to make the piece out of instead of the ply board. It just needs to fit snug and not scratch the doors. Simple and easy for the wife or anyone to remove or place in position.

If you come up with anything better let me know.

Dan
Sugarbeach42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 12:12 AM   #33

[QUOTE=Sugarbeach42;2515837]Keith - Letsgoagain,

Great job. Looks like same set up I have in my Imperial. I know you are going to enjoy it and thanks so much for sharing your photos and experience on it!!

Are you going to have the door open on the kitchen side? I am also planning on installing a new Pure Sine Inverter just to make sure I don't have issues on the current to the new refer. Hate to spend the money but a good investment for these new electronic items and refers.

I am putting on the new Tire Minders so hopefully that will help monitor the tire pressure. Blow outs can still happen. I hear installing the Safe-T-Plus really helps on front end blow outs. Losing control of a coach is not fun.

I don't think spending money ever stops on these coaches but love them anyway.

Dan,
Just read your post. Out in Palm Desert CA last week or so. Not in the motorhome.
To answer your question the hinges are on the right side as you face the refrigerator. The doors open toward the front. Really would have preferred the hinges on the left side but the doors wouldn't fully open that way without hitting the hallway wall. The way it is now the freezer door will open 130 degrees before hitting the slide on the same side with the slides in and the lower compartment door will open 80 degrees before it hits a small pop up extended counter top mounted on the side of the cabinets. With the slides open both doors open completely.
Going on a short trip in the motorhome in a couple of weeks. Can't wait to see how the new refrigerator works out. Hopefully it will go well.
Old 04-28-2015, 12:22 AM   #34

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarbeach42 View Post
Steve,

I saw a pretty ingenious way to keep the doors on the Samsung from opening when driving. You get some 3/8 ply board and cut a U shaped piece with the two sides long enough to reach past the bottom freezer drawer going between the handle and the drawer. The width between the two legs is just a little wider that the width of both top door handles when they are closed. The width of each down leg was approx. 2 inches and the length of the legs was approx. 12 to 14 inches from inside the U.
Our Jenn air is a side by side unit and that's about what I did to temporarily hold the doors shot after they came open three times in about 5 days of traveling in CA. Need to figure out some way for the DW to get to it easier though!
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 02:20 PM   #35

Monaco Owners Club
I wish I could fit a unit that big. I'm looking at swapping in a 10.7cuft residential.
Imurphy907 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, norcold