RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-20-2020, 02:40 PM   #1

Halogen vs Leds

Hi every one hope everyone is well, 2007 Monaco signature what led bulbs fit in the ceiling lights in place of the the G4 halogen? I'v looked on amazon and there is so many leds and sizes any help would be great.
badshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-20-2020, 03:36 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by badshow View Post
Hi every one hope everyone is well, 2007 Monaco signature what led bulbs fit in the ceiling lights in place of the the G4 halogen? I'v looked on amazon and there is so many leds and sizes any help would be great.
I've tried a few different ones. Your lighting is PWM which means the dimming occurs by sending power to the bulb at a certain number of pulses per second. The incandescent and halogen bulbs don't flicker but most LED bulbs will flicker when the lighting is dimmed. They work fine at full bright and flicker more as you dim it more. I think the ones I used were G4 10 watt equivalent.

If you find some that don't flicker when dimmed let us know.
Old 04-21-2020, 08:09 AM   #3

I use dimmable LEDs and have no flicker. I have no G4s that I know of, and found this that might work:

G4 LED Light Bulbs 3000K Warm White Lighting Dimmable, 3W Equivalent to 30W 110V-220V, Bi-pin LED Bulb Silicone G4 LED Bulbs (10-Pack) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07T7VSWF5/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_s-UNEbASQ68C6
jdstew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 08:19 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdstew View Post
I use dimmable LEDs and have no flicker.
The OP has the Intellitec Multiplexing System with Pulse Width Modulating lighting. Does your coach have that system?
Old 04-21-2020, 09:11 AM   #5

Check these out.

https://www.amazon.com/Green-LongLif.../dp/B006E5JIJY

Over the past few years (Yuma Flea Market) I've replaced all of the halogens in our '06 Dynasty except for the bedroom bulbs which don't see a lot of service. (I have lots of "used" spares, now).

Three take-aways.

First, the leads are a little long so you have to cut off about 3/32" or so.

Second, whatever you do, BE SURE AND GET BULBS RATED FOR WELL OVER 12 VDC. These are rated for an operating range from 8 volts to 30 volts. Some charging systems can produce instantaneous values that can be fatal to LED's.

Third, these absolutely do work well with the mid 2000's Intellitec multiplex system devices. Knock on wood, but our failure rate has been phenomenally low! In fact, out of about 30 that I've put in with an average age now of probably 3 years, we've had zero failure. (We "live" in our coach approximately 50% of the time, so these lights have been extensively used.). We did lose a couple of the early attempts that were not rated for the higher voltages. But these "Green" Longlife devices have been great, for us.
K7JV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 09:52 AM   #6

Halogen vs Leds

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdstew View Post
I use dimmable LEDs and have no flicker. I have no G4s that I know of, and found this that might work:

G4 LED Light Bulbs 3000K Warm White Lighting Dimmable, 3W Equivalent to 30W 110V-220V, Bi-pin LED Bulb Silicone G4 LED Bulbs (10-Pack) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07T7VSWF5..._s-UNEbASQ68C6

These bulbs are for 110-220 volt use. Id be surprised if these would work in a 12 volt application.
I wonder if the Amazon description is correct.

Dick L 04 Imperial
RCLImperial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 10:16 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by badshow View Post
I just ordered a bunch of LED bulbs from M4Products. They are a small company from southern California and they are RV'rs themselves. They reply to questions almost immediately. Their website is extremely helpful, showing pictures with measurements and details helpful to finding the right light or bulb.
wawazat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 01:46 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
This is where I got mine and they dim via my Multiplex system.

G4 Ultra Bright 9 SMT LED Light Low Voltage 12 Volt AC/DC - Low Voltage LED Lights - LEDLight
kketterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 02:38 PM   #9

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by K7JV View Post
Check these out.

https://www.amazon.com/Green-LongLif.../dp/B006E5JIJY

Over the past few years (Yuma Flea Market) I've replaced all of the halogens in our '06 Dynasty except for the bedroom bulbs which don't see a lot of service. (I have lots of "used" spares, now).

Three take-aways.

First, the leads are a little long so you have to cut off about 3/32" or so.
These are the bulbs I switched to, and the same place I got them !

One thing I noticed; if I dim them at all, I can hear them buzzing!
Old 04-21-2020, 06:04 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
With Intellitec PWM dimming you do not need dimmable LED's as it is always sending 12 Volts to the bulb.

Tags
led