I'm experiencing hard start problems.
- it is turning over good, but taking as long as 10 to 30 seconds to fire.
1. had some minor leakage of the lift pump. So, I changed the pump. I'm in the process of putting it back together now. I removed the intake manifold to help with access to the pump from up top.
2. while it was out, decided to ops check the grid heater. in the manifold.
3. the wait to start light comes on, but the grid heater is not working? "no heat"
4. the pump appears to working fine. it runs its cycle, and is not leaking.
couldn't sleep last night thinking this through.
I have to work today, but tonight i will pick up the the troubleshooting.
can someone point me in the right direction.
I think the relays are under a black box cover in the rear compartment on the pass side??? i think?
should be simple right? I know, nothing on this damn thing as been simple. the pump took a week to change. "after work hours" we missed a scheduled trip this weekend with the grands.
So, i've been reading. Not to much info on the grid heater?
ECM tells relays to energize. Relays energise and send 12v and a lot of amperage to the grid heater for 15 seconds, right?
1. does anyone have diagram of this circuit or a general explanation of the component location?
2. is the cannon plug "round electrical plug" part of the system? I had minor corrosion in the plug.
3. can the relays be working but not providing enough amperage? are they readily available?
4. are the power leads connected directly to the battery?
thanks again. I do appreciate your help. dale
2001 HR Septor, ISC 330.