Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-29-2008, 12:07 PM   #1
bnb1313@aol.com

Monaco Owners Club
I was recently at the Harrisburg Service Center to have some warranty issues addressed and I wanted to express my opinion on the way things went. My appointment was for Monday at 8:00am and I was greeted by a lady who assigned a service writer to me. She took my cell phone number and indicated I would receive a call from him in about an hour. 10 minutes later my service writer called me to ask if a tech could come pick up my coach to begin work right away and I agreed. He stated they would start on the issues I had submitted prior to my appointment. The tech was there 5 minutes later to take our coach to the shop. The service writer called about 15 minutes later to get together in the coach in the shop to go over my punch list which had changed somewhat in the course of waiting for my appointment to come up. I had dropped several items I had fixed myself and added several more that I had discovered since submitting my original list. His estimate for repair time was 5 days which I felt was super fast but this was my first time there so I had no past reference for comparison. Late Wednesday afternoon I received a call from the service writer reporting that the coach was finished and parked back in my spot in the campground. After going over the repairs I was very impressed with the quality of work and the speed with which it was accomplished. One issue I had was a crack in the front cap for which I had an appointment in the paint shop for the following Monday, so I was faced with four days of wandering aimlessly until Monday. Thursday morning early my service writer called and said get your coach over to the paint shop now they will do the repairs. The job was completed by Friday afternoon and I was on my way home. You hear so much negative bashing of dealers and service centers I wanted to reflect my complete and total satisfaction with the folks at the Harrisburg facility. I also have a cracked windshield issue to address but I'll submit another thread as this one as grown too large.
BigSkyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-29-2008, 12:07 PM   #2
bnb1313@aol.com

Monaco Owners Club
I was recently at the Harrisburg Service Center to have some warranty issues addressed and I wanted to express my opinion on the way things went. My appointment was for Monday at 8:00am and I was greeted by a lady who assigned a service writer to me. She took my cell phone number and indicated I would receive a call from him in about an hour. 10 minutes later my service writer called me to ask if a tech could come pick up my coach to begin work right away and I agreed. He stated they would start on the issues I had submitted prior to my appointment. The tech was there 5 minutes later to take our coach to the shop. The service writer called about 15 minutes later to get together in the coach in the shop to go over my punch list which had changed somewhat in the course of waiting for my appointment to come up. I had dropped several items I had fixed myself and added several more that I had discovered since submitting my original list. His estimate for repair time was 5 days which I felt was super fast but this was my first time there so I had no past reference for comparison. Late Wednesday afternoon I received a call from the service writer reporting that the coach was finished and parked back in my spot in the campground. After going over the repairs I was very impressed with the quality of work and the speed with which it was accomplished. One issue I had was a crack in the front cap for which I had an appointment in the paint shop for the following Monday, so I was faced with four days of wandering aimlessly until Monday. Thursday morning early my service writer called and said get your coach over to the paint shop now they will do the repairs. The job was completed by Friday afternoon and I was on my way home. You hear so much negative bashing of dealers and service centers I wanted to reflect my complete and total satisfaction with the folks at the Harrisburg facility. I also have a cracked windshield issue to address but I'll submit another thread as this one as grown too large.
BigSkyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 12:28 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
BigSky -- The service at Harrisburg depends on the service writter & the team you get -- They are not equal -- On my first trip in Jan. I had an excellent team -- Was very satisfied with all the work -- Was back in Feb.& I had a different service writter & team, not so good -- I live in AZ.& these two winter time trips were not for pleasure -- Bill Willard
William Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 09:59 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Hi BigSkyBob

I am very pleased for you - it is always nice to get serviced by people who know what they are doing.

In October 2007 we went to Elkhart where we had nice service by the guy's doing the repairs. Our service writer on the other hand, didn't keep one single appointment in the 8 days we were there. Every last thing we agreed she didn't honour.

In September we are going to the service centre in Oregon and we just hope that we can come away with nice memories of our stay - just like you.

The Great Dane

danes-on-tour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 06:06 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Bob,
I'm glad to here that everything went well for you. It's nice to get the coach back and feel good about it.

Thanks for the post. It was a breath of fresh air. I have to admit that there seems to be a raincloud hanging over this forum for the last week. Thank you for the silver lining.

AKBrick