Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-16-2014, 09:00 PM   #1

Has anyone put the Whirlpool 10.7 cu ft slim in your coach

About to pull the trigger on the Whirlpool unit, as its dimensions look to be about spot on for a direct replacement for the two door Norcolds.

Anyone use this model?

Whirlpool 10.7 Cu. Ft. TopFreezer Refrigerator WRT111SFAF - Best Buy

Height to Top of Refrigerator (in.) 60-3/4
Height to Top of Door Hinge (in.) 61-3/4
Depth Less Door (in.) 21-1/2
Depth Without Handles (in.) 27-15/16
Depth Including Handles (in.) 27-15/16
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-16-2014, 10:00 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Per the Install instructions on this page you need 1/2" clearance on both sides and the top for airflow. Also the Use and Care guide does not say anything about cleaning the coils. I'm wondering where the condenser coils are in this fridge, maybe they are built into the sides like the upright freezer in our S&B.
Luv2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 11:18 PM   #3

I sure wish I could locate a seller that actually has one on the floor that I could look at and measure.

This model looks to be online order to store or home for all the major sellers I've checked. Frustrating!!
Old 04-16-2014, 11:51 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
I believe that model has the exposed condenser coil on the back and will require a fan with the normal frig vents left open. To seal the sides, you can pack in the standard foam pipe insulation.

Heier makes one of similar size and it works very well. We put one in the last trailer we had.

Ken
Old 04-17-2014, 06:20 AM   #5

Send a message via AIM to Ernie Ekberg Send a message via Yahoo to Ernie Ekberg
best move you will make- enjoy the frozen ice cream!
Ernie Ekberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 06:26 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Bolt View Post
I sure wish I could locate a seller that actually has one on the floor that I could look at and measure.

This model looks to be online order to store or home for all the major sellers I've checked. Frustrating!!
I believe most Lowes stock this fridge
hondavalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 06:56 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
We installed the Whirlpool model 10.7 a couple of months ago.
Ordered online from Home Depot (was on sale 10% off) with free delivery to our house. The delivery guys tried to bring it into the motor home but it would not fit without removing the bracket on the motor home door. It easily fit through our entry door with the door bracket removed.
Coils: the coils are behind the refrigerator. I think 2" clearance is needed behind the coils. It easily fit in the hole left from the Norcold 1200. I built a pantry with drawers in the extra space. A door that matches the other cabinet doors has been ordered for the pantry.
We have been on two weekend trips and it works great.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Refrigerator1.jpg
Views:	786
Size:	339.1 KB
ID:	60764
cpr_vbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 07:42 AM   #8

I have not installed a residential fridge yet. But have been researching so that I can do it when we get home from our winter trip.
The only negative I have found with the model you have chosen is door requires 3 1/4" to swing open fully. In my case that will not work because a wall is on the door swing side. Only have 1 1/2".
Couple of other choices are Frigidaire models.
Model # FFPT12F3NB
12 cubic foot model. Needs a little more to open door.
Model # FFPT10F3NB 9.9 cubic foot.
Here is a Energy Star model with wire shelves.
Model #: FFHT10F2LB
In the above models and Whirlpool model trouble shooting guide mentions if fridge does not run. Check if a GFI has tripped. Move the plug to another circuit. My Pure Sine Wave inverter has a GFI built in. Anyone had a problem with this?
Old 04-17-2014, 07:54 AM   #9

I recently installed this model in place of the old dometic that finally gave up after eighteen years of service. It was harder to remove the old fridge than installing the new one. This model has a deep door that requires a little extra room to fully open I only had about two inches and it slightly runs the wall when fully opened not really a big deal. The coils are on the back but with my installation there is about six inches behind the unit I did have to lower the floor over the furnace about an inch but it wasn't difficult. Worth the work cold fridge box always and it will stay cold for several hours while traveling while traveling depending on outside temps.
Elmer
Elf111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 10:28 AM   #10

Stopped at a Menards today. They had the Whirlpool on display.
Old 04-17-2014, 02:21 PM   #11
RMS

Whirlpool 10.7

Installed this frig a few months ago--very nice unit. Just make sure that the deep door will have enough clearance. I took out the 1200 Norcold and filled the space with cabinets.

Fit right through the entry door with no dis-assembly, had about a 1/4 of an inch on each side.

If you happen to be near Leesburg Fl., stop by Pat's Mobile Home Parts and pick up whatever cabinets or trim you need. Made the install easy.
RMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 08:12 PM   #12

Hey, my local Menards actually has one on the floor!

Thanks for the tip.

I'm going to check it out tomorrow on my way back from the dentist. I'll take some pictures to post, too.
Old 04-18-2014, 05:36 AM   #13

While searching info on fridges. I saw that the Whirlpool recommends temperatures between 55F to 110F.
Frigidaire recommends temperatures 10F to 110F.
Not a stopper for me. But if you need to start fridge up when it's cold before heading south for the winter. It could be a problem.
Old 04-18-2014, 05:38 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Bolt View Post
Hey, my local Menards actually has one on the floor!

Thanks for the tip.

I'm going to check it out tomorrow on my way back from the dentist. I'll take some pictures to post, too.
Get some pictures of rear if possible.
How are others holding the doors shut while traveling?