Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-18-2012, 07:58 AM   #57

Add me to the replacement list. The Norcold was replaced with a GE 22 cubic ft french door bottom freezer last July. We are completely happy with it.
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-18-2012, 10:16 AM   #58

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We were about to have our damnetic cooling replaced. Now, it appears it is ok for the moment. Our furnace is under our refrig. Do you set the resdential refrig, GE, Samsung or whatever brand on top of that? Understand that blocking off the intake and exhaust panels on side of MH. what about the vent stack on the roof? Block it, or just forget about it? Any install tips would be appreciated. thanks much. This tread is saving me BIG, and I mean BIG BUCKS. The prices for rebuilt cooling units, new cooling units and Amish cooling units is out of sight. Appreciate the info.
ed
EDALLSAILS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 02:00 PM   #59

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
EDALLSAILS, Read up here, must everything is covered.
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/repl...197-97661.html

Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 06:51 AM   #60

We have a 2008 Camalot. We live in the mid west and would like to get a recomandation for a good RV shop to do the switch to the residential refrige. Any help with that?
Thanks
promine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 07:43 AM   #61

After experiencing the work most RV dealership folks do, and seeing the work ethic of the employees, I would hesitate to take mine to such a place to have the retro work performed.

If you personally know, and trust, the man in charge of the business and the workers, possibly the story may be different. Otherwise the experience may will be similar to the "Bull in a China Shop" activity.

Not trying to down grade the facilities, just going according to MY experience on the RV dealers I have dealt with.

Good Luck

God Bless

Bill
Sepisllib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 07:57 AM   #62

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by promine View Post
We have a 2008 Camalot. We live in the mid west and would like to get a recomandation for a good RV shop to do the switch to the residential refrige. Any help with that?
Thanks
It`s not that diffcult of a job -- The old & new will go thru the window on the curb side of the Camelot`s -- Window is an easy remove & reinstall --- There`s many picture`s on this forum on how to do this -- A dealer will skin you alive for this work, & probably will be a sub par job -- Bill Willard
William Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 10:37 AM   #63
JDT

Measure your door opening width. A number of us got our Samsung's thru the door. You may have to remove the passenger seat. My Ambassador is way down the food chain from yours and I was able to get the Norcold out, doors off, cooling stuff still attached and the Samsung in, doors off, off course. Had room to spare. The tricky part is trying not to hit your dash when you horse in the Samsung. The guys from Lowe's were none too happy about having to lift it in but they did it, and smiled when I gave them a tip.
JDT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 01:37 PM   #64

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Thanks
It's a bit of a drive for you. This place did a nice job for me. ~$500-600.
Coma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 05:10 PM   #65

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Thanks
I see you live in Indianapolis, Indiana. If you are willing to drive to Northern Indiana you should be able to get a nice job done on the change out. I have read posts of several shops there that are staffed with ex-Monaco techs and there should be lots of Amish folks in the area that can do outstanding cabinet work. I don't remember the names of the two or three shops but if you start a new thread asking about shops in the area staffed with ex Monaco techs you should get lots of replies.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 06:24 PM   #66

Promine, I took my coach to Elkhart to have some things done and will never take it to another RV shop. My elimination canal is still raw from this experience. I replaced my Norcold 1200 LRIM myself after calling several local RV dealers to see if they would be interested in doing this. I live just south of Indy and did this replacement after cold weather set in. This has been one of the best things I ever did to this coach as far as living in it for months at a time. My experience with the dealers I have dealt with is that I always got in my estimation sub-standard work for twice the cost that it should have been in my opinion. George
Old 01-29-2012, 04:15 PM   #67

Quote:
Thanks
I had mine done here in Mesa, AZ at Rv Renovators. They did a great job making mine fit. They also switched out my old style TV's to LCD screens along with a few other small repairs and my bill was around $1500.00
They have a full in house cabinet shop so matching my trim was perfect.

Mobile RV Repair AZ | Phoenix RV Repair | Arizona RV Service

They also washed the coach and cleaned out the inside before I picked it up!

CP
Old 01-30-2012, 06:48 AM   #68

We took the coach to Master Tech in Elkart. Suppose to get it back tomorrow. I'll let you know how it turns out.
PR
Old 02-03-2012, 04:56 PM   #69

We have been on the road for two days and the Sam Sung refer is great and the guys at Master Tech did a GREAT JOB. -2 in the freezer and 38 in the refer on the invertor. Cold beer and lots of ice cubes. Life is GOOD
This web siite is killer.
Thanks
PR
Old 02-04-2012, 04:04 AM   #70

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
We have been on the road for two days and the Sam Sung refer is great and the guys at Master Tech did a GREAT JOB. -2 in the freezer and 38 in the refer on the invertor. Cold beer and lots of ice cubes. Life is GOOD
This web siite is killer.
Thanks
PR
Welcome to the Samsung and/or residential club. We are still running the frig section at 38 but warmed the freezer up to 4. The ice cream was like a brick at -2. It still makes ice just fine.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
refrigerator