Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-04-2012, 03:33 PM   #71

Bob,
Thanks for the heads up on Master Tech.
PR
promine is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-05-2012, 05:29 AM   #72

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by promine View Post
Bob,
Thanks for the heads up on Master Tech.
PR
Your welcome. I could not remember the name but I see you found them.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 06:48 AM   #73

Anybody done this on a Camelot? I only have a drawer under mine.
loydt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 07:15 AM   #74

With a drawer below you have more options. Your width and depth are pretty fixed although you might be able to increase the width somewhat. Go to the A J Madison web site and look for a frig that will fit. With a drawer below you can go over 70" tall. I have a drawer below and I put in a frig that is about 69" tall and I still have a drawer about 5" tall. You will have some wiring and plumbing that may or may not have to be moved. You can get a sense of how much stuff is there by taking out the drawer and looking and taking the outside panel off. We were able to put in a bottom freezer French door model a little oner 22 cubic feet.
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 03:07 PM   #75

Loyd,
Ours is a 2008 Camelot and had the drawer. Not a problem, but you loose the drawer.
PR
promine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 05:41 AM   #76
paz

Add me to the list of residential refrigerator converts. I finished installing a Samsung RF197 a few weeks ago. Many thanks to all who went before and posted pics and details. I could not have done it without you guys.

FWIW, our Samsung starts and runs fine on a 1000W inverter - even with the TV, computer and DVR operating at the same time.

loydt - Installation with a drawer below makes things a lot easier. You can eliminate the drawer entirely, sit the refrigerator on the floor, and put a filler strip (preferably with a vent) at the top. You can also do as I did and keep the drawer. I had to reduce the height of the drawer so I could lower the false floor the Samsung sits on to accommodate the greater height, but I was able to also make the new drawer wider than the old one. I had to build an entirely new face frame for the opening where the refrigerator sits.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Samsung Finished_0189.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	241.9 KB
ID:	18541

The top shelf of the Samsung is pretty high, so be aware of that if you decide to keep the drawer. I pretty much didn't have a choice because of the furnace duct, water lines, and wires running through the fridge area. There was not enough room for them behind the fridge so I had to leave room for them under the fridge. They run behind the drawer.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Final Prep_0149a.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	375.3 KB
ID:	18542
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:10 AM   #77

Great job PAZ. Now do like the rest of us converts. Dont look back! Just wonder how the gas reefer folks stay in business............
Old 03-08-2012, 04:52 AM   #78

Monaco Owners Club
Good job Paz. We have not missed the old Norcold for one hour. My driveway extension at home where we keep the coach was sloped by the contractor for water drainage. We use to always level the coach because of the frig. Now with the residential we can park without leveling if we desire. Love it!

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:42 PM   #79

Yes, just unplug the reefer. Hopefully you can get to the back of your new reefer. Just unplug. A couple of days before you plan on using the coach, plug it back in. It will be cold cold cold................
Old 03-08-2012, 08:07 PM   #80

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
we are interested in having a residential fridge

two questions:
1. has anyone done this in a 2009 itasca sun cruiser?
2. can anyone recommend a place in the lower mainland / vancouver area

thanks,
pdq

Tags
refrigerator