Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-14-2022, 05:30 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Headlight Problem

A few years ago I had a problem with my low beam headlights. I did a lot of trouble shooting and concluded it was a headlight switch problem. As a temporary fix I put a jumper between the marker light circuit and the low beam circuit.
I just attended the HR 419 Maintenance rally. I had Elkhart RV replace the headlight switch and remove the jumper. I did not check the headlights before leaving the maintenance rally. Now I find the low beams will not come on. I have done some troubleshooting found the high beams work fine but low beams don't. I tried the flash button on the smart wheel no luck. Went looking for the fuses but can't find them.
Does anyone know where the Headlight fuses might be in a 2006 HR Endeavor. Or have any suggesting for trouble shooting.
All suggestion are welcome.
itdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-14-2022, 07:12 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
You might have the Monaco 1 & Monaco 2 fuse boxes in the front drivers side electrical bay.

On my coach there is only one 25 amp fuse in the #1 Monaco fuse box that provides power to the the DRL relay which provides power to the low beams

The high beam gets it's power from the headlight switch but it also has interaction is with the VIP smart wheel, there is a 25 amp fuse in the #2 Monaco fuse panel that provides power to the headlights high beam. Not sure what function the VIP smart wheel has on the low beam, there may be something in the VIP troubleshooting guide.

But there is also the High/Low on the steering column.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 08:21 PM   #3

In my 04 Windsor, there is a fuse in the Monaco 2 fuse box that sends the power to the smart wheel controller and headlight switch. That same fuse supplies power to the DRL module. Its possible that things changed between 04 and 06.

if you could find a schematic you could follow the paths the electricity takes.
Wadell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 08:54 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Dave, look at the steering column where the wires enter from the dash area. Besides the turn signal wires, there are three wires to the Hi/Low beam switch. This three wire bundle is normally separate from the turn signal wire bundle.

If all the wires are white, look for numbers 68, 69, & 70 coming from the dash and going up the column. 68 is coming from the headlight switch, 69 going to Low beam and 70 going to Hi beam.

Find the connector half way down the column where the dash harness joins the column harness. See if it is discolored. There tends to be high resistance at this point causing heat and burning of the connectors. I have found this to be a problem on some coaches.

Coaches with the Smart Wheel have the VIP controller in the circuit. Even with the Smart Wheel, the steering column connector is still prone to fail. Also, I have seen here on the forum where those with a Smart Wheel have an overheating of one of the harness connectors at the VIP controller box.

2008 Monaco Camelot 40' PDQ
Happycarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 02:27 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Thanks for all the suggestions so far. We are on the road and only driving during the day. I will wait till we get parked on Thursday to work on the problem.
itdave is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
headlight, light, problem