Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-03-2021, 02:44 PM   #1

Headlight switch

Hi can anyone tell were to get a headlight switch for a 2008 holiday rambler neptune, also looking for a roadmaster 12 volt wiring diagram for the same coach thanks Brad
bradc344 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-03-2021, 05:59 PM   #2

If you can post a picture of the switch.. I am sure someone will recognize it..
Many times.. you take to good auto parts store and they could match it.. you may have to try a few..
Good luck and let us know what you did and maybe better members then me will help you
Old 11-03-2021, 06:44 PM   #3

thanks I think I found one on amazon same one that is listed on the rev site but a lot c heaper and I can return will post if it works it is a gm switch.
Old 11-04-2021, 10:50 AM   #4

Im trying to remove my headlight switch but cant remove it, Im not able to remove the black knob so I can slide it out, any ideas thanks Brad
Old 11-04-2021, 11:41 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
On the typical Monaco headlight switch (a 1972 Chevy pickup switch) you have to reach around to the back of the switch and push in a little spring loaded button. The button is on the opposite side from the electrical connector. While the button is pressed you can pull the knob out the front.
CountryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 11:58 AM   #6

thank you countryb that is exactly what I needed Brad
Old 11-20-2021, 09:02 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradc344 View Post
Im trying to remove my headlight switch but cant remove it, Im not able to remove the black knob so I can slide it out, any ideas thanks Brad

Just removed mine Brad. The black knob is press fitted to the rod. The rod is removable by getting behind the dash and depressing the spring loaded button on the body of the switch. With some wiggling the rod will pull completely out of the switch body. Now you can lift the entire unit out after you unthread the nut that holds the whole thing to the dashboard. Don’t try to remove the black knob from the rod as it requires some force and will probably break as mine did. You will need the knob and rod for the new switch as they usually don’t come with one. That’s a separate purchase. Take the old switch to Napa to match it up with a new one.

Stan
Stan&Jacquie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 07:51 AM   #8

got mine on amazon $28.00 gm switch
Old 12-01-2021, 07:24 AM   #9
YC1

switch

I realize you have solved the problem but am adding this for anyone doing a search in the future.

The pdf has a couple of links to videos showing how to remove the switches.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf headlight switch from advance auto.pdf (381.7 KB, 41 views)

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 02:20 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to CFXCH
Email HR and give them your VIN number. They will give you a part number. Punch the number in google search and you'll be surprised how many rv/automotive outlets carry them.
CFXCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 03:51 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFXCH View Post
Email HR and give them your VIN number. They will give you a part number. Punch the number in google search and you'll be surprised how many rv/automotive outlets carry them.
I'll bet you they give you a HR (Monaco) part number so you can buy it from HR at three times the cost - but that part number will be useless anywhere else.
CountryB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light, switch