Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-06-2012, 04:18 PM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Headline of the "Decade!"

Name Change Reinforces Navistar’s Commitment to RV Business as Monaco, Holiday Rambler and R-Vision Brands Benefit from Ongoing Integration

Please follow the Press Release in our RV Industry News by clicking on the headline of this article .....
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-06-2012, 05:18 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
So does that mean the all the new coaches will become Navistar's Monaco Diplomat. Not sure what the name will be when they come out, although a name change will not affect our decision to order come this winter now that our place is sold finally
Traps90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 05:46 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traps90 View Post
So does that mean the all the new coaches will become Navistar's Monaco Diplomat. Not sure what the name will be when they come out, although a name change will not affect our decision to order come this winter now that our place is sold finally
Pretty much that is what it will be. Navistar RV will be the name of the company and then Monaco Diplomat the Brand. In the case of a Monaco product.

This is probably a bigger deal for Holiday Rambler. You no longer will see the Monaco RV on this brand. So you would have a Holiday Rambler Endeavor or Holiday Rambler Ambassador brand by Navistar RV.

With Diesel and Gas coaches and class Bs and Cs Holiday Rambler as a brand out sells the Monaco brand and having the Monaco RV brand on a Holiday Rambler was a bit confusing to the buyer.

Both Monaco Coach and Holiday Rambler brands were always strong enough brands to stand on their own and all felt it was best to no longer have the Monaco RV Brand on the Holiday Rambler.

The Dealers, Clubs as well as Navistar wanted the brands to stand on there own.

Also Navistar always said the Monaco RV was a new company and they were committed to the RV industry -However naming the new company Monaco RV was not the best strategy and confused a lot of people (since there was a bankrupt company called Monaco Coach). In hind sight they should have called the new company- Navistar RV with sub brands of Monaco, Holiday Rambler and R-Vision.

So give them credit for this move over the long haul this should be positive for all the brands and I know the Holiday Rambler owners will applaud the change.
ramblin10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 11:16 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
This is a good thing because it shows the true feelings of Navistar toward all Monaco legacy products. It also shows that Monaco Products are true orphans. They (Navistar ) have no intension of supporting past (legacy) products, they have sold off all pasts model parts to Northwest Supply and will not re-stock . They need this separation to brake ties with the past. I like it.

Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:46 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Saw something like this coming...

This post is only intended to lighten the general discussion, because I know what it's like to find out that a Brand you own is getting orphaned...

Did you see my thread from June?...there's a video in the first post - just for a laugh
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f22/navis...ou-126039.html

I hope Navistar makes a strong go of it...IMHO, there's not enough competition in the RV world - Like, has anyone noticed how many Brands are now owned by THOR?
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:04 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifter View Post
This is a good thing because it shows the true feelings of Navistar toward all Monaco legacy products. It also shows that Monaco Products are true orphans. They (Navistar ) have no intension of supporting past (legacy) products, they have sold off all pasts model parts to Northwest Supply and will not re-stock . They need this separation to brake ties with the past. I like it.
Just to add some clarification. The announcement was only regarding the name change of the company only. It did mention management change but that happened in May of 2011 with Bill Osborn and company. Nothing changes in products or services.

Monaco Brand and Holiday Rambler Brand are still viable and sought after brands. Those brands and support would have more than likely been "orphaned" if Navistar did not buy them just like National RV, Country Coach, Blue bird, Alpine Coach, Travel Supreme ect. ect.

Regarding parts for legacy units. A lot of parts are still available depending on what you have and what you need.
Some parts on 10 year old units and older are getting harder to get and on those you do have to get more creative and/or do a little research-
If you need parts they are still shipped from either Oregon, Illinois, or Indiana. For example if you need a new baggage door for your 2008 Endeavor it will be built for you in Indiana the paddle lock and hinge for the door could come from any of the locations. You need a lighted grab handle or rear tail light for this same rig it would come from Oregon. You need a cooling unit for your Refrigerator you can get it almost anywhere.
Component parts can be more challenging because many vendors went out of business in 2008/2009 - This is an industry wide challenge not just limited to Navistar RV.
Your parts can be ordered through a Navistar RV dealer (Monaco, Holiday Rambler, R-Vision) or right from Navistar RV.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:55 AM   #7

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I don't know, we are not even 20% into the decade.. Might be a bigger one someime in the next 8 1/2 years.

I liked the Curiosity lands on Mars headline myself.
Old 08-07-2012, 11:04 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
I liked the Curiosity lands on Mars headline myself.
I'm witchu!
Old 08-10-2012, 09:23 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Thor might be purchasing Monaco's name...........Navastar is cutting back. deSanford Just my personal thought.
deSanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 04:09 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by deSanford View Post
Thor might be purchasing Monaco's name...........Navastar is cutting back. deSanford Just my personal thought.
Well anything is possible but seems very unlikely since they just renamed the company Navistar RV it would not make sense to do so if it was for sale not to mention the added cost and hassle of making the change .

I have heard they have had a number of orders come in lately and motorhome production is out to end of November. They also just finished moving into their newly re-done 200,0000 square foot towable plant in Elkhart and they are hiring more workers for the RV side. To me it seems like they are stepping up their commitment. Also the RVs use the engines that they do have EPA approved like the Maxx 7 and the 10 all business that they want and need right now.

This layoff news is more related to the truck side of the business and seen by wall street as postive as Navistar right sides it's business to meet the class 8 truck/engine demand
Old 08-11-2012, 11:47 AM   #11

"This layoff news is more related to the truck side of the business and seen by wall street as postive as Navistar right sides it's business to meet the class 8 truck/engine demand " Positive. I don't think so Navistar is now being investigated by the SEC. Very serious!
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 01:58 PM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by deSanford View Post
I don't think that would work in the RV business. For example if Ford bought the Chevrolet name brand from GM what good would that be?

We have seen where a company will buy a Corporate name and then kill it off however it appears to me that Monaco and Holiday Rambler will be used as division brand names. In time you might even see the Beaver brand name make a comeback.

One thing that I don't look for to make a re-emergence would be Workhorse but you never know.
Old 08-21-2012, 01:00 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
I was just making a personal opinion as Navastar just borrowed 1 Billion Dollars I believe. Hope they keep a float. If not maybe Thor would buy the brand names from a bank ruptcy sale. Sad Navastar sold off the Coburg manufacturing plant to consolidate their operations in Indiana. deSanford
deSanford is offline   Reply With Quote