Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-24-2020, 05:41 PM   #1

Help finding a fuse, you might know where to find

2005 40 Ft PDQ Monaco Windsor. On the dash is 3 cigarette lighter outlets labeled DC 12 volt socket and one at foot level on the passenger area. The 12 volt is missing on the 3 above the radio but the one at foot level is useable. I checked and it is the 12 volts that is missing, not the ground. All 3 that is missing voltage is wired together. I loose the wiring when it goes deeper in the dash. Does anyone know where the fuse is and if in the fuse area in the front right area what is its labeled as. Once again we are calling on helpers. Thanks for your help. Jim 850-380-8001
Jim McElwee is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-24-2020, 06:29 PM   #2

I have an 04 Endeavor.. might be similar.. I found the fuse in the outside bay on the drivers side under the drivers side window.. it was fuse 58 I think.. Did you get the schematics with the coach?
HR2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 11:04 AM   #3

Thanks HR 2004. I will check this fuse within the hour. Do you remember what the fuse location was listed as? Thanks again
Old 06-25-2020, 11:23 AM   #4

I think it was called a power port. The panel you remove to access the fuses has the fuse description on the inside of the cover.
HR2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 05:25 PM   #5

Thanks HR2004 Fuse 58 was one that was checked earlier and found good. I will start looking for a wiring problem when time is found. It has been 6 m0nths since the unit was on the road and we are dreaming of upper Michigan. Do not need to light too many cigars at this time. It would be good to have a wiring schematic. Thanks again.
Old 06-27-2020, 05:59 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
try fuse #54. Mine's labeled ""12 volt comp recept"
windsorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 08:27 PM   #7

Thanks Windsorbill. I will check that location tomorrow. I knew someone has the fuse location.
Old 06-30-2020, 08:52 AM   #8
YC1

Here is a very hand tool everyone should have with these snow flakes.

This is a cheap and delicate model. My carrying case cost more than this for the one I have.

I have used the model shown and it works well.

Put the tone generator on the wire in question and use the sniffer to get close and in some cases directly on the culprit. At least you can narrow it down with the "fox and hound". My wife calls it the "Woofer".
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	signal tracer.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	252.4 KB
ID:	291516  

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 02:17 PM   #9

WindsorBill, you are right on. It was fuse 54 so now if I want to light a cigar it will be ready. I am sure that the fuse was blown by me as the new radio was installed. Thanks for your advise.
Old 07-01-2020, 02:21 PM   #10

Thanks YCL for your information. I have purchased two wire tracers but neither worked well. Does the one you have follow a wire as it combined in a wiring bundle and if so do you know what the brand and model is. Thanks for your reply.
Old 07-01-2020, 02:31 PM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Mine was in the engine compartment fuse box. it was the bigger blade 20 amp fuse.
AlanTerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 03:39 PM   #12
YC1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim McElwee View Post
Thanks YCL for your information. I have purchased two wire tracers but neither worked well. Does the one you have follow a wire as it combined in a wiring bundle and if so do you know what the brand and model is. Thanks for your reply.
You can follow a bundle. Dig into the pile of wires for a stronger signal of course but you should be able to follow a bundle many inches from them.

I have actually traced buried wires but it is not intended for that purpose.

I have used the cheap $25 toners and they are very limited but better than none.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Signal tracer too.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	213.0 KB
ID:	291646  

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuse