Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-07-2015, 05:03 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Help, fustrated 2005 Monaco wires ID

I have a previous post asking where the fuses were for 7 blade tow connection, I found the turn signals fuses only, front driver side panel below with a lot of other stuff. I didn't find the hot wire fuse 12v for the plug which was the start of all this as I was trying to connect the toad battery with the 12 v hot wire from the 7 pin. I need help with that wire and just wondering what the other wires are other then turn, running and stop lights are for.
Thanks
maxwell18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-07-2015, 06:42 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Call Monaco and ask them. They are a big help. They also sent me a free CD of the wiring diagrams for my 2004 Monaco Knight! Can't beat that kind of customer service.
CadillLinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 06:47 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks!
maxwell18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 08:17 PM   #4

maxwell
Contact Monaco Coach
with "orphaned" coaches we are lucky first Navistar and now Allied Recreation Group bought up Monaco and continued our support--even though they have no connection to our Monaco Coach Corp coaches since it went bankrupt. Allied Recreation Group owns Fleetwood, too.
Old 06-11-2015, 07:04 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Here is an explanation of the various types of wiring harnesses and how they hookup with wiring diagram color coded. I used this to hook up my jeep for towing.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Trailer Wiring Diagrams.pdf (442.8 KB, 215 views)
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 12:54 PM   #6
YC1

Triplett 3375 The Fox Jr. & Hound Jr. Kit Fox and Hound Series Compact Wire and Cable Tracing Kit: Tone Generator And Probe Kit: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

Chasing blown fuses and wires can be near impossible in these things even when I have the diagrams.

Buy this little tool and practice with it. Connect it to the wire on the 7 pin connector to send a signal down the line. The other part is a sniffer.

Trying to find a missing voltage on one of my wires was driving me crazy so I grabbed mine and it took about three minutes to find the blown fuse.

Since my rv is a 2008 suggesting you check in the right hand compartments near the rear is probably useless. There are many fuse boxes on mine and the ones back there control the 7 pin via relays and fuses.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 01:36 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Click image for larger version

Name:	trailerpwr.jpg
Views:	527
Size:	272.9 KB
ID:	97161
My Panther has a 10 Ga red wire for trailer power coming off a self resetting ( rectangular two screw device) circuit breaker in the rear run bay on a circuit breaker strip. You probably have something similar.

Click image for larger version

Name:	trailertb.jpg
Views:	1601
Size:	365.1 KB
ID:	97162

terminal board with turn signal, stop and brake lights that go to trailer connector among other places.

BLK-RT turn
YEL- LT turn
GRN- backup
BRN- Park lts
BLK-wht- brake lts

https://www.mediafire.com/?32s03caeuc1ch04

The link is to an 06 DIP schematic. Check out location L1 for the trailer plug. You can follow the Trailer PWR signal back to the CB and relay.
Old 06-13-2015, 06:14 PM   #8
YC1

DtBt, it is interesting that the large red wire and the smaller red wire on the left breaker are stacked together. Is that the way they are supposed to be? There is no protection on the smaller wire with that setup.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 08:17 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
You are right. I have never used the trailer power. The schematics show a 10Ga red wire on the top left stud that is empty designated as trailer power that is moved on my Panther bypassing CB, probably by the PO. The other smaller red you see is the power feed for a circuit card in the RRB.

Tags
monaco