Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-28-2020, 09:42 PM   #1

Help Inverter

Hello everyone, 07 hr headed to the desert for an 11 day boondock. Stopped at my daughters for a night and plugged into her 20 amp power to run the charger and fridge

Well the charger was pulling too many amps, volt meter was at border line so I left the charger n inverter off. Went out for the The day and retuned to find the inverter/charger has no power. I checked the breaker and it was not tripped

Any ideas on the problem, is there another power source to check? Kinda lost here. Thank you,
gweedo295 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-28-2020, 09:48 PM   #2

I should add The display shows no power.
Old 10-28-2020, 10:09 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
How about on generatir power?
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 10:10 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
12v voktage ok? 12v switch at entry door on?

Breakers on inverter itself tripped? All other breakers ok?
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 07:08 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to Ivylog
“Has no power” 12V or 120V? Your batteries should have been charged when you arrived and a residential only draws 1 amp so you should be able to power your rig with 15 amps...something is not right. I can even run one AC on 15amps.
Ivylog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 07:14 AM   #6

Good morning,
the breakers on the box not tripped,
I tried the generator, everything powered but still no display on board
Tried the kill switch at door nothing changed

I will add this info: I am plugged into a long power cord, the coach, and 15’ 50 amp extender to a 25’ 10 gage cord running off a 20 amp outlet. I know I’m loosing some Amps n volts through the long run, but I haven’t had issues in the past, the only thing different is, I also have a Dometic fridge/freezer running below.

last night I added a transformer to boost the power going in, slight difference but still no display.

The unit is. Magnum Energy.

Everything has power plugged in, the fridge tv micro etc. Just no power on the magnum display. I am assuming I just can’t invert the DC to AC, which is okay for now while boondocking. I have two 2200 Honda Generators I parallel, I can use those for power during the day and at night I’ll run the coach genny.

I’m hoping it’s just the display board and not the inverter/charger that took a dump.

Thnx,
Old 10-29-2020, 07:59 AM   #7

I may be confusing the inverter when I say the fuses were not tripped. On my coach in the last door there is a power box that has two fuses that pop out when the system is over loaded, I simply push them to reset.

I’m thinking this is not the inverter, I’m wonder if the inverter is on the inside near the fuse panel/ breakers. I watched a utube video I’ll look for the inverter unless one of you can tell me where it is. It’s very possible a fuse is bad since the display is dead.
Old 10-29-2020, 08:25 AM   #8

So the box is the inverter/charger. There is a green light that flashes slowly on n off, I felt a button that u pushed but so far no difference. Hopefully one of the guys in the desert will know something.

Now my wall meter shows a strong 120 volts coming in, it was at 112

I’ll keep guess checking. Thnx again. Any ideas let me know.
Old 10-29-2020, 02:21 PM   #9

When ever there is sudden issue on 120v incoming check ATS connections tighten all while in there all, power removed of course. Poor connection can show decent voltage until a load is put on. Someone had a recent issue with Magnum Inv. was able to reset by disconnecting all 120v and 12v important do positive cable not Neg .
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 04:34 PM   #10

So the box is the inverter/charger. There is a green light that flashes slowly on n off, I felt a button that u pushed but so far no difference. Hopefully one of the guys in the desert will know something.

Now my wall meter shows a strong 120 volts coming in, it was at 112

I’ll keep guess checking. Thnx again. Any ideas let me know.

I’m in the desert. One of my 2200 Honda’s runs everything. Still no display. Hopefully tomorrow I can troubleshoot.
Old 10-30-2020, 04:35 AM   #11

I have a friend who is pretty familiar with electrical. We checked the connections, pressed the on off and by looking in from the outside everything is pointing to the remote locAted inside the coach.

All connections are tight (even though these washboard roads in the desert usually loosens something, lol) I looked on u tube a found a place in Arizona Bodour I think the name is, that works on these things. I sent them an email and go from there. Probably end up taking it to them.

For now all electrical works perfectly on shore or gen power.

Thanks for the responses, always comforting to know IRV2 is always there!!!!

Guido...
Old 10-31-2020, 06:31 AM   #12
YC1

Have you exercised the phone type connectors used to connect the remote and inverter?

What model inverter? Here is all of the files I have on ours.

Did you do the reset suggested??? Turn off batteries, remove any 110 volt sources, disconnect any solar. This allows a good reset on the inverter.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aqrv2TUdbV6xjndp...4fC5P?e=PhafMs

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 09:58 AM   #13

Thank you for the manual info, this will be helpful.
Old 11-02-2020, 05:39 PM   #14

Hard reset

Thnx to YC1. I read the manual n I contacted a service shop, Monroe in Oregon. The gentleman there was very helpful.

So I did a soft reset n it began inverting but still no display. I did a hard reset (partially) just disconnected the hot n ground from battery, turned of battery selector switches n main breaker , I didn’t disconnect ac although it calls for it on a hard reset.

Well it worked, connected power n ground back turned on breaker and it worked, display is functional.

Thank you again for all the responses n for the manual Save some big $$$$

Tags
inverter