Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-18-2018, 02:06 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arby49 View Post
Forgot the photo.Attachment 199394
I have this type of breaker on my boat.

Based on this picture that beaker is tripped. The lever that says "RESET" needs to be pushed back into the unit.

The red button shown in another post is used to trip the breaker not to reset it.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-18-2018, 05:05 PM   #16
YC1

Yes, try to push that little lever back in so it becomes almost hidden. That is NOT a self resetting breaker. That is a 150 amp breaker so it is possible it could power an inverter. I cannot see where the connections go of course but it is a heavy duty breaker.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 08:51 AM   #17

Help Needed

Since I can't get the breaker to reset, I concluded that I need to replace. I ordered a replacement a few days ago, but have not received it yet. As I was thinking about the problem last night, decided I should order replacements for all 5 of those breakers. Better to be safe than sorry.
Arby49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 08:58 AM   #18
YC1

Quote:
Since I can't get the breaker to reset, I concluded that I need to replace. I ordered a replacement a few days ago, but have not received it yet. As I was thinking about the problem last night, decided I should order replacements for all 5 of those breakers. Better to be safe than sorry.

No reason to throw the baby out with the bath water. Those things are very reliable. Your money of course. I'm a certified electronic tech with about 50 yrs of experience.

Old 04-19-2018, 09:50 AM   #19

YC1,

I admire anyone that much experience! Me and electrical issues are diabolically opposed, so if you are on a road trip through Katy, TX would love to visit with you.

I did manage to find them for $17 per, so not out a lot.
Old 04-19-2018, 11:34 AM   #20
YC1

Thanks for the invite Russ. That is a great price.

Old 04-19-2018, 06:57 PM   #21

Okay, another update. Replaced the thermal breaker this afternoon. Still have a problem. As long as the coach is on shore power, I have both 120 and 12 volt. When off shorepower, the inverter will not operate. The technician that was here seems to think that the inverter is not working. Hoping someone can give a better alternative.
Old 04-19-2018, 07:50 PM   #22
YC1

Doesn't sound like a competent tech.

A simple 12 volt measurement at the input of the inverter must be made. Forgetting about what you are measuring on that breaker.

If you are not getting it there then follow the wires back to the battery via whatever path that takes. It will be a short run.

You may be chasing a ghost at that breaker. I would want specific voltages at every point on that breaker and what you are using for a ground for your meter.

I will zoom in as close as possible on the breaker.

Old 04-19-2018, 07:51 PM   #23
YC1

Quote:
Forgot the photo.Attachment 199394

Is there a nut missing on the bottom right of this breaker?

Old 04-19-2018, 08:11 PM   #24

No, the nut is there. Are you saying I should take voltage measurements while off shore power?
Old 04-19-2018, 08:33 PM   #25

It sounds like you've already had a lot of your questions answered. But in case it might be of help, here's a layout drawing that I made of our rear run box. Our coach is an '06 Dynasty, so it will likely be a bit different than yours, but then again, it may be very close. From your pictures, they are probably pretty close.

Differences can be big. Even in the '06 model year, Monaco's drawing packet shows that there were rear run boxes with eight large lugs across the bottom, and there were some with nine large lugs. Our coach has nine lugs.

Anyway, hopefully the attached will be of at least some value to some. Cheers for now and good luck in your searchings.

Also, for the fellow commenting on the feed to the inverter, there are actually two 150 amp breakers shown on the drawing in parallel (kind of an unusual practice) that feed to and from the inverter. Those breakers protect the path between the house battery bank and the inverter/charger.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Layout - Rear Run Panel (Back 2) copy.pdf (39.3 KB, 28 views)
K7JV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 08:42 PM   #26

As you can see from the attached photo, mine is a little different. The breaker on the lower left is the one I replaced.Click image for larger version

Name:	20180417_174703.jpeg
Views:	39
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	199694
Old 04-20-2018, 08:30 AM   #27
YC1

Quote:
No, the nut is there. Are you saying I should take voltage measurements while off shore power?
Either way, I'm just curious about the input and output of that breaker.

Old 04-20-2018, 08:35 AM   #28
YC1

If the picture in #13 is after you changed the breaker it appears to be tripped. You bought new ones. See if that little lever is kind of hidden on one.