RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-20-2010, 06:57 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Help on Bathroom floor tile

Due to an improperly set toilet, that caused the sealing gasket at the base of the toilet to leak, I had to pull up the tile and sub flooring and replace the sub flooring as it was destroyed by the water and years of leaking (particle board). I am trying to replace the floor tile with what I have and have been told by Monaco that this tile number AM-103 that has a slight rose color to it is no longer available. My question to everyone is; does any one know of a place that might still have some of this tile on hand? I was told that it was purchased by Monaco from Cherry Imports, I will be calling them to see if they can give a lead or maybe another product that is close. Just thought I would cover all bases.

2001 Holiday Rambler Endeavor

Bob
Bikedaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-20-2010, 11:01 PM   #2

Take it to a tile store. Not Lowes or Home Depot but a real tile store/distributor. You may be able to get a close match. Your best bet is to contact whomever they bought from.
Lorna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 10:35 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikedaddy View Post
Due to an improperly set toilet, that caused the sealing gasket at the base of the toilet to leak, I had to pull up the tile and sub flooring and replace the sub flooring as it was destroyed by the water and years of leaking (particle board). I am trying to replace the floor tile with what I have and have been told by Monaco that this tile number AM-103 that has a slight rose color to it is no longer available. My question to everyone is; does any one know of a place that might still have some of this tile on hand? I was told that it was purchased by Monaco from Cherry Imports, I will be calling them to see if they can give a lead or maybe another product that is close. Just thought I would cover all bases.

2001 Holiday Rambler Endeavor

Bob
I have thew same problem. Were you ever able to find/match the tile?
tjn104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 05:41 PM   #4

Even a one year old unit is hard to match. Tiles change every 6 months or so. 11 years old is almost impossible. When my unit was one year old Monaco did not have any. I tried the usual: HD, Lowes, large tile stores, etc. I finally found some at Northwest RV Salvage. I would just try to find something close.
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 05:48 PM   #5

How about replacing it with a contrasting, accent color.
mahon1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 05:58 PM   #6

Bob
I have the extra replacement tiles from a 2002 Diplomat. Not sure about the color, possibly the same. Send photo and I will check mine.
Clark
CHCam42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 08:52 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
TJN-104

I did not find the 8 inch tile that would match what came with the coach so I went with something completely different. If you use the search option on the top of the page and type in “ Rebuild of bathroom sub floor” you will get a posting of what I did with pictures of before and after. There is some good information on the post regarding the adhesive and grout that I discovered you need to use so the tile will not come loose when the Motorhome flexes during it’s normal everyday use.

If you need any additional information let me know.

Bob

Bikedaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 11:28 AM   #8

[IMG]file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/neuffer/Desktop/photo.JPG[/IMG]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	232.9 KB
ID:	16796  
tjn104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 08:05 PM   #9

Bob,
Don't think they are a match. Not sure where the photo is.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-376404441.png
Views:	60
Size:	601.2 KB
ID:	16806  
CHCam42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 01:44 AM   #10

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
IF you do the entire floor.. You can change the color.
Old 01-04-2012, 08:40 AM   #11

Hi, Cherry Imports supplied the Tile and Labor for Coaches made in Elkhart . My Dynasty was not made there so they did not have the correct tile. Very helpful people, they will try and help. Speak to them about the proper Grout and Cement, that is very important. I do not think the Box stores will know much about Motor Home Tile installation.
Robert
Old 01-04-2012, 09:19 AM   #12

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I will add.. I you were to re-do the floor and have a few tile left over and put them in a secure place come back a year or two later...... They won't match. (you should see them after 20 years) I still recommend doing the whole floor and forget matching.
Old 01-04-2012, 03:48 PM   #13

This summer I got an exact match for my tile at Ceramic Tile Supply in Eugene, OR for my 2006 Monaco Camelot. (541) 343-0449 ask for Reggie. He stated to me that they have many matching tiles.

Tile Store Eugene Oregon Tile Stores wholesale tile discount tile
john50799 is offline   Reply With Quote