Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-08-2016, 10:24 AM   #15
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Startech View Post
The motor pictured above is the exact motor I need, but my googling skills are failing me today. Can anyone help me find this motor please? Here is my old motor...
Here's one $75

AO SMITH 1/4 hp HEATING OR AIR CONDITIONING MOTOR - $75 (WWODBURN OR) hide this posting restore this posting - Portland - classifieds - reachoo.com

I found several on line resources for this motor.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...-8#q=f42c38A61
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-08-2016, 04:26 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Startech -

You will probably have better luck asking your question in a new thread, instead of jumping into an existing one. It will get you more visibility and help with your quest.

Good luck!
RustyTools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 05:15 PM   #17

Solo Rvers Club
Thank you barmcd, I will give the links a try!
Old 06-09-2016, 07:44 AM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
I looked at the posting, it is for a used/remanufactured AC motor.

When I had a problem I took my old one out and looked at it, the bearings are not replaceable, they are part of the end caps of the motor.

Look at Post #8, there is a link to the Dometic site where you can look up your AC unit by model/SN.

I did this and then did a search for a replacement motor, found one for ~$100, it was an open box special but brand new. The kit included mounting bushings and new capacitor.

If I were going to the trouble of replacing a motor I would make sure it was right and worked. Also, my mounting bushing were wore out, they let the motor sit too low and a portion of the blade was hitting metal causing some noise.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 08:24 AM   #19

Solo Rvers Club
Thank you Jim, I checked your link and had to put in my model no. to search for the motor. I found a kit, but the motor shows to be a 10mfd and I have a 15mfd. I might have to call them because there are no pictures or other specs about the motor on the web site.
I really don't want a rebuilt or repaired motor due to the difficulty in replacing this bad boy.
Old 06-10-2016, 06:47 AM   #20

Solo Rvers Club
I just wanted to share that while I was searching for a replacement, I came across a lot of info about motors being replaced unnecessarily. Post about problems only when the florescent lights were on (bad ballast). Or bad controller boards. In my case, I checked my main ground and it looked good. But, I cleaned it anyways and guess what. The A/C is now working perfectly for a few days now.
Old 06-10-2016, 06:53 AM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
A bad ground is often overlooked as a problem area. Glad you fixed it!
RustyTools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 08:57 AM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
Startech,

Thanks for posting your fix.

A lot of times we never hear of a final outcome, good to know to check this.

You are probably right, people will tend to replace the whole AC unit when a simple fix is available.

In my case my motor was essentially froze up. After I got it out I could hardly turn the shaft with my hands. The new motor spun free. Mines been working for 2 years so it was well worth the effort to replace.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote