Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-28-2017, 07:52 AM   #1

!!!HELP!!! Step Cover

My step cover cylinder is leaking and I need to repair or replace it. Does anyone know the maker and model number or have the specs so i could find one on the net. This part isn't in the Monacoers parts list. There are a few threads on the subject but i didn't find a source.
johnboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-28-2017, 02:19 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
My coach has Kwikee steps and Kwikee makes stepwell covers, but neither my owners manual nor my data card says what type of stepwell cover I have. You might give them a try though.
Old 02-28-2017, 03:41 PM   #3

I think your Dynasty has the same step cover as my Windsor both are Monaco design and build. it's really a fairly straight forward system 2 switches a mac reversing valve and a double acting air cylinder. Its just that the air cylinder is always charged in one direction or the other so it's a good place for a air leak.
johnboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 09:12 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Your step cover is operated by a small air cylinder and can be removed by closing the step cover and remove the screws to take the step cover out then remove the air cylinder, sorry but I have never repaired one but take it out to see, you should be able to get one from North West RV
Northwest RV Supply
Or one of the RV wrecking yards if you can't repair.
walt2137 is offline   Reply With Quote