Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-02-2018, 07:43 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Help, strip holding side topper coming lose 2005 Monaco Dip

I had all the canvas replaced on my 2005 Monaco Dip PAQ about 6 months ago and have not used it. I had the slides out the other day and noticed the slide topper for left fwd was pulling the strip that it slides into pulling away from the MH. I'm thinking the canvas is to tight and needs adjusting. Does anybody else got any ideas and how do you make the strip stay connected?
Thanks
maxwell18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-02-2018, 08:02 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
That sounds like the roof to wall seam failed. Unfortunately...common. I had to refasten all 80 plus feet on our coach.
The screws are known to corrode and break. The factory tended to over torque then and used too few.
Captjake1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 08:16 PM   #3

Ours was fastened with rivets. I removed the broken rivets and replaced with stainless steel hex head self taping screws. If water pools on the toppers I am sure it is quite a force pulling on all the parts.
04 HR Endevour DST
HR2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 08:44 PM   #4

I sent you a pm about the repair I did on mine.
Dave
Woodman018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 08:50 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Mine ripped loose during a "Wind event" I noticed the problem several weeks after we had been on a trip and called my insurance company CSAA (AAA). They checked the weather history for the town we were camped in and, sure enough, on that date there had been a storm that went through there and pulled mine loose.

They covered the all repairs.
Arch Hoagland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 08:10 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
I just went through this fix on my '05 dip. There are a lot of posts on IRV2 - search for "beltline". It is a DIY project. In addition to what I learned from reading on the Beltline, I would offer these tips:
Amazon sells replaceable plastic "razor blade" scrapers that work great for removing the old sealant.
There is a learning curve to using the Pro-flex - don't start by the front door.
I bit the bullet and bought an 18v Milwaukee drill & air hammer kit. ($350) Used the drill for pilot holes and the air hammer to drive in the stainless hex head screws.
Don't use a heat gun. But if you do and melt the belt, it is sold by the foot by the factory.
Feel free to PM me.
bklaes is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
monaco