Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-09-2021, 11:36 AM   #15

Spent last night trying to determine where the slide controllers are located. Found Quad slide control relay in the electrical curb side box but did not determine where wires went from there. All slides worked this morning but last night only the curb slides worked with the drivers dead. If it happened once it will happen again. Quit after a wash with all slides in closed position. Who knows where the the circuits splits to the different sides of coach. Found nothing in the front electrical box as a clue. I do not like mysteries. Thanks everyone for their help.
Jim McElwee is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-09-2021, 11:40 AM   #16
Onecess

Monaco Owners Club
Someone suggesting checking your basement doors. You replied they lock from you key fob. So do mine. Last time I was camping, my awning would not go in. As I searched for the manual crank, I unlocked my baggage doors with the fob. I opened a baggage door and when I closed it the awning worked. I had not opened that baggage door on the trip. It did rain like heck for 2 days, so it was damp, I guess. It has nothing to do with the locks, it is a separate switch.
Someone else suggested the salesman switch. Since it is wired around, did you try using the battery disconnects off and on?
Onrecess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 11:41 AM   #17

Sounds like things are starting to dry out and likely moisture was the cause. Time to hit the road.
Old 05-09-2021, 11:49 AM   #18

Batteries were fully charged. Swapped quad slide controller relay with another in the box. Both curb side slides worked ok only driver side both slides did not move. I will increase the holes size in the rear electrical box. She is loaded and ready to move. Thanks everyone for their help. You save me from a lot of punishment. Happy Mothers day out there in camping land.
Old 05-09-2021, 03:59 PM   #19

Excel Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I still suspect a ground wire for the driver's side problems. The ground lead may go directly to a chassis ground point somewhere nearby or be spliced into a ground wire go to several things. Sometimes grounds from multiple devices each run individually to a single point where many are terminated on a single grounding lug.

In cases where ground leads are spliced into a running wire the splice itself maybe bad.
rarebear.nm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 11:02 AM   #20

solved slide problem

What found and what fixed. Road side slides do not move. Found control board in curb side rear electronic box. There are 2 fuses on board with top fuse controls road side slides and bottom fuse controls curb side slides, Reset fuses and slide worked. At first campsite one kitchen slide went part way out and stopped. Reset all connecters on control board and no problem since. Thanks for every one's reply. Attaching picture.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	control board.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	330.7 KB
ID:	329370  
Old 05-24-2021, 11:28 AM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Glad to hear all is well!

You said it quit after a wash. Was a pressure washer used on it?
Arch Hoagland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 12:45 PM   #22

No. I hand wash after and before and after any trip. I do not think it had anything to do with being wet. I think it was a bad connection on one of the relays on the control board. I plan on removing and spraying all relays on that control board. Not sure of what to use. Thanks for your reply.
Old 05-24-2021, 01:35 PM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Bad idea to spray ANYTHING on relays. That's based on repairing electronic equipment as an occupation for the past 50 years.
Arch Hoagland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 02:06 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch Hoagland View Post
Bad idea to spray ANYTHING on relays. That's based on repairing electronic equipment as an occupation for the past 50 years.
I agree. 59 years in the automotive repair industry.
They make electronic cleaner in spray cans which you can clean the connectors with. The relays, if they have male blades or pins, you can safely use a 'Q' tip saturated with the spray cleaner.
A dab of Di-Electric silicone grease (available in any automotive parts store) on the relay contacts will help keep corrosion at bay.
You will need to check all the connectors. Road shock and vibration can actually loosen the connectors the relay plugs into. Often times squeezing the connectors slightly will tighten the connections and they will be fine.
Old 05-24-2021, 08:55 PM   #25

Congrats on repairs, DW should be in a much better mood.
Outbound is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
travel