Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-23-2010, 12:08 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Help with a part ID

I am in the process of cleaning up the wiring on the back of the coach and installing a 7 pin connector on my 2001 Holiday Rambler Endeavor and wonder if anyone can help me identify a small box that is wired into the existing connector that I am removing. I have a picture of it below and also the existing connector. I don’t believe that it has anything to do with the way it came from the factory and it is an after market product but I have not run across this type of an item before and want to be sure before I discard it. Because it was wire tied to a channel on the back and bottom of the coach the label is not readable.

Thanks for the help

Bob
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Unknown box.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	216.7 KB
ID:	6257   Click image for larger version

Name:	Old Connector.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	235.5 KB
ID:	6258  

Bikedaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-23-2010, 12:25 PM   #2

I am not sure what it is called, maybe a light bright, anyway what it is used for is to convert wires in the plug that you have a picture of so it will connect to you toad and use the same lights on your toad for brake lights as it does for turn signals. If you take it out and hook the wires back the way they were then your toad will need separate turn signal like your HR has..
I did this on our 99 HR to a CR-V and used separate sockets-lights and it has worked great.. Mike
mlafarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 05:30 PM   #3

I am sure Mike is correct. To give you a better idea and see if it looks like this in the link
Heavy Duty Taillight Converter, 3 Wire to 2 Wire Towed Vehicle
Mike Canter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 04:49 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks Mike & Mike.

I believe that you are correct after checking some information on the web. I’ll be leaving it on the coach. I did pick up a new connector to replace the one that is on there now as that one looks pretty beat up..

Thanks again

Bob
Bikedaddy is offline   Reply With Quote