Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-14-2021, 02:04 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Help with interior pleated slide curtain Ď08 Dynasty

The string threaded through the pleated curtain broke. Does anyone know how to fix this? I canít seem to figure out how the curtain releases from the frame, to rethread the string through the holes in the curtain.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	736EBFED-1323-4B23-911B-B62C1B03756E.jpeg
Views:	11
Size:	301.0 KB
ID:	335970   Click image for larger version

Name:	5DC9F1FA-2D4C-45B4-933E-A2338492B1FB.jpeg
Views:	13
Size:	241.4 KB
ID:	335971  

pduggs is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-14-2021, 02:23 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
I have removed some of my day night shades for cleaning, but never tore them apart so I can't tell you how to do it but here is a video that tells how to repair them.

https://youtu.be/VE2PSe6aJEw
Old 07-14-2021, 03:29 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Hey Paul,

My shades are held in place by metal clips screwed to ceiling (or ceiling of valance) and the blinds snap in. There are either 2 or 3 clips, depending on how wide each shade is.

You need to look very carefully where blinds are mounted and you'll see a metal tap sticking out. It's sometimes very difficult to see the tabs. Use a flat bladed screw driver and push up on that flap. The blind will release. Repeat that on all the clips.

It's sometimes a real pain to get them to release. I found that removing the entire valance made it a little easier on at least 1 of the blinds.
windsorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 08:13 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
I think they are the covers on the ends of the slides.

On our 05 Signature, there are horizontal screws through the vertical end molding. Check both sides of the pleated fabric.

Paul
pwhittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 05:13 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by pduggs View Post
The string threaded through the pleated curtain broke. Does anyone know how to fix this? I canít seem to figure out how the curtain releases from the frame, to rethread the string through the holes in the curtain.
I have the same problem. I discussed the repair with a gal who re-strings window shades. She said they are different and does not do them.
Mine is screwed into the wall with 4 or 5 screws & I assume screwed to the slide but haven't started that project yet. I would be interested in your solution as I plan to do that this fall.
Old 07-15-2021, 07:37 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypoxia View Post
I have the same problem. I discussed the repair with a gal who re-strings window shades. She said they are different and does not do them.
Mine is screwed into the wall with 4 or 5 screws & I assume screwed to the slide but haven't started that project yet. I would be interested in your solution as I plan to do that this fall.
I've only had the string break once and I repaired it. That was several years ago. Lately I've had the thimble (the plastic piece that you wrap the string around) break. Just plastic and it gets brittle. That's an easy fix, but still inconvenient. Several people have replaced the entire blind with the day/night roll down shades. One of the big "plus's" with the roll down is you can operate it with 1 hand.
Old 07-15-2021, 07:51 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
I can't tell exactly what type of shade you have but they are totally DIY after you figure out how to get it removed.
I have 4 string day/night shades. The strings basically criss-cross in the middle. Most repair kits have the strings and the instructions. It is a chore but totally doable.
okcnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 07:59 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwhittle View Post
I think they are the covers on the ends of the slides.

On our 05 Signature, there are horizontal screws through the vertical end molding. Check both sides of the pleated fabric.

Paul
Yes. This isnít about window coverings. Itís the pleated cover that hides the exterior slide side wall, when the slide is pulled in. This pic shows where the string broke. I need to figure out how to restring it. There must be a way to remove the pleated cover, but I havenít found it yet.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	FEE9044A-E642-4572-9BFC-1640B2E34236.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	343.8 KB
ID:	336065  
Old 07-15-2021, 07:59 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by windsorbill View Post
I've only had the string break once and I repaired it. That was several years ago. Lately I've had the thimble (the plastic piece that you wrap the string around) break. Just plastic and it gets brittle. That's an easy fix, but still inconvenient. Several people have replaced the entire blind with the day/night roll down shades. One of the big "plus's" with the roll down is you can operate it with 1 hand.
Hi Bill, this is an accordion slide curtain that goes from the floor to the top of the slide. It hides the mechanical parts of the slide. I thought it would be strung the same as window shades but was told otherwise. They do have a string which broke though.
Old 07-15-2021, 08:12 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Paul, I just put the slide in so I could see the inside with the phone camera. Mine has 4 screws through the curtain frame on the wall which are accessible with the slide in. Once those screws are removed, the curtain can be pulled to the side which exposes the screws that go into the slide wooden trim.
Old 07-15-2021, 09:59 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypoxia View Post
Hi Bill, this is an accordion slide curtain that goes from the floor to the top of the slide. It hides the mechanical parts of the slide. I thought it would be strung the same as window shades but was told otherwise. They do have a string which broke though.
thanks for the information. It's beyond my paygrade as I don't have those.

Are they strictly for cosmetic, or do they serve a function? (besides causing grief for Paul)
Old 07-15-2021, 04:38 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Yeah Bill itís cosmetic. Just a fabric curtain that conceals the slide mechanism when the slide is pulled in.

Thanks Hypoxia. I found the screws and removed the entire curtain. Iíll have to restring the section that broke. Thanks for the help.
Old 09-15-2021, 02:02 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by pduggs View Post
Yeah Bill itís cosmetic. Just a fabric curtain that conceals the slide mechanism when the slide is pulled in.

Thanks Hypoxia. I found the screws and removed the entire curtain. Iíll have to restring the section that broke. Thanks for the help.
I just removed and repaired mine. The strings are attached to bungee cords. I used 1/4" aluminum tubing for that connection and crimped it on with coax crimpers. Very easy job. I would have fixed it a couple of years ago if I knew how easy it was.
Old 09-17-2021, 01:04 PM   #14

HTH

https://www.recpro.com/rv-pleated-shade-repair-kit/

Name:	Capture3.JPG
Views:	4
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	343372

Happy Trails

Tags
interior, slide