Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-08-2009, 07:14 PM   #1

Follow HR owners,

We obtain a 2008 HOLIDAY RAMBLER NEPTUNE SERIES M-39PBT-325HP CUMMINS from a RV dealer on the 31st of July 2008. Since then, we have had nothing but trouble with this motor home.

Listed below are just 40 items that this HR has in five months.

Transmission "D" drive light is intermittent
Bathroom door doesn't latch properly
Bathroom door is separating
Bathroom walls - separating at joints
Batteries - coach - need water at least weekly
Bins on right rear do not seal properly and have become filthy with road grime
Closet door latch (other end) broke from normal use
Closet door latch in bedroom broke 2nd day
Closet rod failed in 5 places - We replaced it with one from Lowe's
Entry door leaks profusely
Front coach air is not stable - we were told switch is bad and needs replaced
Fuel gauge is not true - sender is not set properly - tank never fills completely
Fuses have blown on several items w/o apparent reason
Gauges for water, drains, propane, etc. fuse blew out
Heat under love seat -seat front is extremely hot when heater is running
Hot water line under bath sink leaks - leaked onto bedroom floor/carpet wet continuously
Hydraulic fluid is blowing from reservoir on left rear behind wheel well
ICC lights on road side partially out
Kitchen cabinet door doesn't stay closed and slide ripped it off once and damaged twice
Leveling system continues to be erratic and unstable w/o pattern of operation
Microwave runs but doesn't do anything
Privacy curtain (right side) has never closed properly - hangs up
Rear coach air is not stable and failed second day we had coach
Rides like a tractor and everything spills out everywhere
road side window leaks
Roadside emergency for shaking in wheel and noise - was U-joint which had to be replaced at 13k miles
Running (ICC) lights were never connected
Sani-con - terrible odor in toilet bay
Shower door shattered - would not stay in track
Shower head will not hold stable
Slideout on curb side - cabinets are separating w/damage
Slideout on road side - damage from brace apparent failure
Steps - entry module failed and had to be replaced
Transmission - cannot gear down for climbing or slowing
TV in rear comes on sporadically in transit
Water bay heater did not work and all systems froze up for nearly a week
Water pump did not work
Water pump light has apparently burned out
Water pump still surges every 3 or 4 seconds

We are back at the dealer's location trying to convince them to take this LEMON back, so we can buy a motor home that we can trust to drive. We are not having luck with the dealer, HR, or, Monaco Corp.

Has anyone had the same type of story and what was done to fix it.

Does anyone know a phone number and name of a person at Monaco that we can call?

Ray Wimmer
yar1982mmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-08-2009, 07:39 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Ray,

This sounds like a typical Monaco coach, and they are one of the better brands. I don't know how handy you are with tools, but a number of the items you mentioned can be fixed by you, just by going to the hardware store and buying and installing things like cabinet latches, weather stripping, etc. It is a lot faster than taking the coach back to the dealer for warranty work. You pay for the parts, but you can buy the quality of parts you want.

Second thing to remember is that one of the reasons that we like Monaco is that they will work with nearly any repair shop. You do not have to take it back to the dealer. I will never take my coach back to a dealer with one or two exceptions. Dealers make their money selling RV's, but service only shops stay in business by providing cosistantly good service. Find a good local, service only shop and have them work with Monaco. Tell us where you are located and someone can recommend a good shop.

A number of people on this forum can give you excellent advice on how to get various items fixed. They had the same problem with their coach. I have seen every one of your issues come up here before. Feel free to ask.

And finally, get use to the zen of owning a motorhome. They can drive you crazy or help you find inner peace.
Lukeaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 03:25 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
I had a similiar sounding experience with a Winnebago. One of the differences might have been that I had a very good and cooperative dealer who could not fix the problems, including replace the drivers side of the coach, but supported me with the factory. The factory picked up motor home, took back to the factory and repaired most things. Took the dealer another month to fix the little things the factory left off and undone. Finally got most things worked out. After three years of troubles I finally had one year with no problems. Then some problems started up again so I got rid of it.I talked to a lawyer but did not follow through. If I had it to do over I would file a law suit. No lemon law in my state, but there is a Federal law similiar to a Lemon law. Were I you I would check with a lawyer and press the issue to refund your money or replace the motor home.
imgoin4it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 03:24 PM   #4

Hopefully you purchased the MH new, otherwise if you are a second owner you are on your own no matter the age or mileage of the dMH. Your dealer is a lifesaver if they can get M to cover your problems. If you can hold on and finish building the Mh as it should have been built to start with, these things will eventually work out. The first year is awful hard on your time and patience. Good luck and hang in there you are not alone in your frustrations.
Oh-one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 06:29 PM   #5

Hi

Yes, it is a new rig and only has 13,000 miles. We drove it from the west coast to east coast and back.

On trying to fix the problems by my self, I am a DAV and require a scooter to get around. Thanks to my wife for taking care of the driving and dealing with all of the problems.

thanks for the input.

Ray
yar1982mmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 08:43 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Ray,

Tell us where you are located and one of us on the forum will be able to recommend a good shop to work with.

Luke
San Jose, CA
Lukeaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 07:38 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
I would send an email to Kay Toolson and list all of your troubles with this coach. Ask him for help and you might be surprise to how quick things turn around for you.
cb5300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 05:21 PM   #8

I am sorry for your troubles. I hope your dealer works with you to resolve your issues.
Old 01-17-2009, 07:16 PM   #9

As the poster above mentioned, please let us know where you are located. Monaco has some great service facilities that they work with who are not dealers and therefor don't show up on their website.
rvguru is offline   Reply With Quote