Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-24-2015, 02:56 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Exclamation Help with troubleshoot and repair TV lift

Hey you Monaco guys,
I am currently helping a buddy of mine that Has a 2006 Beaver Patriot Thunder with the Monaco TV lift system in the ceiling.
Recently the lift stopped working. There is power to the TV and we can hear relays clicking. We are now at the point of tearing down far enough to inspect and troubleshoot the motor.

Not a lick of experience on this task between the three of us. There is just enough electrical knowledge to get us in trouble. Tomorrow we begin. Hopefully I can get some advice from someone here before then. I do have copies of the 2006 Service repair manual. It does not provide tear down information. Everything else is good.

Thanks in advance for your time with this issue.

Jeff
GS#819681685 FMCA#F437136 SKP#112720
phinneyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-24-2015, 05:36 PM   #2

We have same system in our HR Navigator. Some times you have to double click the switch. I found that if I single click it just hums. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 08-25-2015, 06:24 PM   #3

This can be a real pain. When I first had this I called the tech line at Monaco and aside from being given incorrect information (they try to help, but the don't always actually help), and the guy asked if we had driven over any bumps. I asked if he had ever been in a car or did he walk everywhere!

Turns out a bump can jam the mechanism. The solution they gave me was to wind it down by hand, problem, the manual release and connection point is - and this is really exquisite - is not accessible when the TV is in the raised position. There is a small, round shaft on the drivers side right where the mechanism hinges. If you can get the cover out of the way AND the original plastic clip is in place you may be able to get a bent awl into it and very slowly lower it. It tales about 300 turns to lower it. My plastic clip was gone (guess the original owner had the same problem and it broke off).

I could't get access to the shaft to lower it, Monaco told me the answer was to rip the cover off the back of the frame. It is a plywood panel that is screwed to a piece of wood on the other side of the metal frame holding the TV. Get your fingers in the gap with a strong friend and pull on it till it gives, then use the awl to wind it down. Mine needed about 100 turns before it started to work.

Here are a few diagrams that may help:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2006 patriot multiplex.pdf (151.9 KB, 163 views)
File Type: pdf TV Lift Instructions.pdf (818.1 KB, 237 views)
File Type: pdf 06 TV Lift Mechanism Trouble Shooting.pdf (461.1 KB, 258 views)
distaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 01:34 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Retired Fire Service RVer's
We have managed to get through the side with an awning rod and lowered the TV. We then removed the vinyl cover and accessed the control box. This morning the owner decided to live with it until he gets to a tech that can fix it on his warranty. Thanks for the help
GS#819681685 FMCA#F437136 SKP#112720
phinneyj is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
repair