Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-25-2018, 06:31 AM   #1

Help with wireless TV options

I have an 06 HR ambassador and looking to relocate front TV to midship position just right if the sink using the cabinet space. My problem is getting a coax cable to that spot using the exterior TV connection located almost directly below in the basement. Tried trying to fish a line through without success. Is there any wireless connection on the market that will work bearing inmind this is an 06 and the BOMB does not have an HDMI connection. I have direct TV and in motion satellite as well.
Any help would be appreciated.
toolster is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-25-2018, 07:47 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Wonder if this would work?
https://www.homedepot.com/p/SPT-2-4G...Fe4DrQYdQUIMRg
Old 08-25-2018, 09:22 AM   #3
JFC

Monaco Owners Club
We have Direct TV at home. They have a wireless option. We have four TVs with the wireless option throughout the house. Just need an electrical outlet to power the wireless receiver which is about the size of three decks of playing cards side by side.
Old 08-25-2018, 01:22 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFC View Post
We have Direct TV at home. They have a wireless option. We have four TVs with the wireless option throughout the house. Just need an electrical outlet to power the wireless receiver which is about the size of three decks of playing cards side by side.

It’s called Genie.
Mhcorrigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 05:29 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
You could use a wireless HDMI system. They are not inexpensive.
https://www.amazon.com/IOGEAR-Wirele...Breceiver&th=1
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 06:16 AM   #6

I don't have HDMI connection on my BOMB so how will this work ?
toolster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 03:22 PM   #7

Help with wireless TV options

Where does your DTV receiver get its signal?
From the BOMB or directly from the dish?
The receiver gets the sat signal via coax cable and outputs via HDMI. I don’t have a BOMB but I have the iogear and DTV. Sat coax to receiver, HDMI output to iogear. The iogear will accept a second HDMI input such as a DVD player. The wireless receiver plugs into the second TV. Google iogear to check out the wiring schematic.Have you connected a TV to that basement connection to see if you get a DTV picture?
Does your DTV receiver have HDMI outputs?
falconman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 08:42 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
wireless tv use

I just started to try out my new Samsung Smart TV. I have used cable, and have Direct tv Sat. not knowing how to use a smart tv I went to the smart tv set up and now I seldom use my Sat connection. IT IS WIRELESS It is using WiFi to get the service. I do have buffering issues at times, but it passes. smart tv really is great, once to get the connection and look at all the apps available, you will not believe all that is available. I can watch shows that come on after I have gone to bed, by using on demand... wireless
King Richard is offline   Reply With Quote