Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-21-2021, 02:18 PM   #1

Holding tank location/access

Hello all!! Hope everyone is surviving the Ice and Snow.

We have a 2000 Monaco Dynasty, Regent, DS and have had it since 03, Recently the Tank level monitor on the placard above Passenger seat has indicated all three tanks with the bottom (empty) and Middle (half) lights only when corresponding check light pushed, LPG and BATT work Fine.
I have 'soaked' tanks, Got a whirly gig spinner for black tank, flushed and flushed Fresh and Grey, and the same no change.
I have looked at the See-level 709 system to replace.

So here is my question, on my coach there is a 'bay' size panel, Passenger side, behind the smaller panel with water heater in it, it has a half dozen rivets on bottom angle. If I drill those rivets out and swing panel up will I have access to the three tanks and be able to attach the three adhesive sensor strips to them that are included in kit. Kit says existing wires may be used or new ran, I can go straight up into bedroom corner cabinet.

Has anyone with this Dynasty attempted this OR know how to access tanks n easier way.

Trace and Terri Johnson
North Louisiana
2000 Monaco Dynasty w/ 2021 GMC Canyon Denali
TraceJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-21-2021, 02:34 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
My 2002 Windsor has a standard swing up door on the back side of the holding tanks. We used the void spaces for storing odds and ends. I also mount a remote temp monitor on the back side to get a good reading on the tanks opposite of the wet bay heater.

If the door has the standard two part hinge system similar to the rest of the doors you should be able modify the door to be able to lift it. I've seen where people have installed a latch system underneath to hold the door closed.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 02:38 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Yes, I have your same coach and I have put in the See-Level gages and love them. Yes, if you open that panel you will have the access you are looking for. The picture I have attached is where I mounted the See-Level gauge. And yes the stock wiring can be used. Easy job.

Tim
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tank Gage Mod.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	255.3 KB
ID:	318810  
Old 02-21-2021, 07:16 PM   #4

Quick Question for you, did you need the three green strips that comes with the system, (no tall tanks) I'm going over in the morning to open but wanted to get it on order.

Thanks
Old 02-21-2021, 10:52 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TraceJohnson View Post
Quick Question for you, did you need the three green strips that comes with the system, (no tall tanks) I'm going over in the morning to open but wanted to get it on order.

Thanks
Follow the instruction to a tee.
Yes I needed three strips because of three tanks.

Tim
Old 02-25-2021, 07:10 PM   #6

Don't know if you recall but can you remember what color the old wire was for the LPG signal? Got them all connected except LPG.

Trace
Old 02-26-2021, 01:05 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TraceJohnson View Post
Don't know if you recall but can you remember what color the old wire was for the LPG signal? Got them all connected except LPG.

Trace
If you have your coach wiring diagram it will say. I don't remember the color.
Sorry, I can try tomorrow and look it up if you don't have it?

Tim
Old 02-26-2021, 05:38 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
May not be the same, since I have an '08 Camelot, but I have an orange wire (actually 2 of them in parallel, dunno why) and a white wire for the LPG sense lines. Hope it helps.

I was just looking at the LP system and contemplating removing the big tank and installing a smaller portable LP tank to reclaim storage space. Only thing that's now LP is the stove, and we use an induction cooktop instead.
Old 02-26-2021, 07:51 PM   #9

Thanks I'll check the orange wires the company told me the Green wire was the one but it did not work, Controller says 'Opn' so some thing not connected. Thanks to 'Timaz' its not a problem to Look it would be great I got it all installed today (except LPG) and accept for second guessing my self it went pretty smooth until the inside wiring. I found the existing sensors completely deteriorated.

Thanks everyone for the help
Old 03-01-2021, 08:26 AM   #10

97 Dynasty, passenger side, tank door, screw under coach, door raises up like all the rest. Replaced tank level with SeeLevel product, upgraded Dynasty panel to digital readout.Click image for larger version

Name:	3 SeeLevel1.JPG
Views:	4
Size:	161.0 KB
ID:	319711
Old 03-01-2021, 03:14 PM   #11

Thanks Cry42 for the pic got it installed except for the LPG sensor instructions and company say green but there is no green in web of original, but I got 4/5 of it and this is great. Travel Safe!

Tags
cat, tank