Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-17-2013, 10:05 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Admiral Slide not working

Hi,

I have 2003 Holiday Rambler Admiral SE on a Workhorse Chassis. The front slide does not operate at all. The slide is in at the present time. When I press the switch in either the in or out position nothing happens at all, as if there is no power.
I really need a wiring diagram so I can figure out where the problem is. If anyone can help with this I would sure appreciate it. I'm sure there are many other Monaco coaches that use the same system and their diagrams would be the same.

Now For the rest of the story, which I'm a little embarrassed to admit.
It all started when I was cleaning out my outside right rear compartment.
This compartment has the Slide Control Circuit Board & Relays mounted to
the front wall and it is totally unprotected.
I accidently hit it with water from my hose and it caused my rear slide to go in. I went inside the coach and tried both the front slide and the rear slide and neither one worked. I went back outside and removed the cable connecter from the Slide Control Circuit Board. I dried it as best that I could and left it disconnected for a day so that it could dry.
The next day I went out and tried the slides again and the rear slide worked perfectly but the front slide did not work at all.
At this time I checked the 15 amp fuse #15 in the bedroom cabinet and it was good. I figured that I did damage to the Slide Control Circuit Board so I bought a new one. I replaced it today and I still have the same problem.
(An interesting side note - I pulled fuse #19 which is for the bedroom slide and the bedroom slide still worked, now how can that be???)

I checked the fuse again and I checked the switch and they are both good. I don't know what else to check. I don't have a wiring diagram and I don't know where the motor is to check it.

It really doesn't make sense to me. Both slides where working fine until I got the circuit board wet. Don't know how it could be anything else????

Please, somebody help! Somebody out there must know what's wrong.

Thank you,

This is a picture of the Slide Control that I replaced.

RV SLIDE OUT CONTROL 16615989F

dapperphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-18-2013, 07:05 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Send me a private msg with your email and I will send what I have.
broadrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:58 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks, will do. I'm sure anything you can send will be helpful.
Old 04-05-2015, 04:09 AM   #4

Hi Phil and Diane. I am experiencing trouble as well with my main slide and find there is no power to the in/out switch for the main slide. The bedroom slide switch does have power however. Did you find a wiring diagram to find your issue? Ken
Captain Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 02:12 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Hi! That was a long time ago. The first thing I did was replace the control board located on the front side of the rear compartment on the passenger side. That control pretty much controls everything for the front and rear slides. It has replaceable relays that control the in & out of both slides or 3 slides if you happen to have 3 slides. I bought a control board on ebay, thinking that it would solve the problem. When I received it and installed it I still had the same problem.

The difference between you and me is I had power to the switch.

I didn't want to believe it could be the motor. As it turns out it was a bad motor for the front slide. It was a real bear to get at. Had to crawl under the coach somewhere in about the middle of the slide with a drop light. Put the droplight on top of the slide compartment and I could barely see the motor. Used my Ipad to take pictures of the motor even though I could hardly see what I was taking pictures of. Turns out It took great pictures and I got the model number of the motor and was able to get one on eBay. Don't remember what I paid but it wasn't cheap. You have to be able to work with one hand and be flexible. I hope this was some help!

Have a great day.
Phil
Old 04-07-2015, 05:15 PM   #6

Wiring for 2003 Admiral SE

Hello. Would anybody out there possibly have a wiring diagram for a 2003 Admiral. I am pursuing no power to the main slide in/out switch and am having trouble tracing the wire from the switch back to it's source. Regards, Ken
Old 04-11-2015, 07:49 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Wiring for Admiral SE

Hi Captain, I have a 2004 Monaco Monarch SE which is the same as your Admiral. I asked Monaco tech support for a copy of the wiring for my unit. They sent me wiring diagrams for a 2005 and said the wiring should be the same. The wiring diagrams do cover HR as well as the Monaco rigs. Contact me at

roberte@whidbey.com

and I'll send you what they sent me.

You can contact Monaco tech support at

mcctech@monacorv.com

Robert Eagan
2004 Monaco Monarch SE 30PDD
Whidbey Island, WA
Roberte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 08:29 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Did you think of replacing the relay or exchanging it with the bedroom relay. That's how I checked mine when it (the main slide) quit.
woodfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 04:53 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dapperphil View Post
Hi! That was a long time ago. The first thing I did was replace the control board located on the front side of the rear compartment on the passenger side. That control pretty much controls everything for the front and rear slides. It has replaceable relays that control the in & out of both slides or 3 slides if you happen to have 3 slides. I bought a control board on ebay, thinking that it would solve the problem. When I received it and installed it I still had the same problem.

The difference between you and me is I had power to the switch.

I didn't want to believe it could be the motor. As it turns out it was a bad motor for the front slide. It was a real bear to get at. Had to crawl under the coach somewhere in about the middle of the slide with a drop light. Put the droplight on top of the slide compartment and I could barely see the motor. Used my Ipad to take pictures of the motor even though I could hardly see what I was taking pictures of. Turns out It took great pictures and I got the model number of the motor and was able to get one on eBay. Don't remember what I paid but it wasn't cheap. You have to be able to work with one hand and be flexible. I hope this was some help!

Have a great day.
Phil
Hi again Phil. I wanted to mention to you that I discovered something that may be of interest to you in regards to your Admiral. I have the identical unit. I have traced all wiring and found that the power to the slides does not come from the bedroom fuse panel as indicated. It is wired direct from the battery(in my case). I suspect that during manufacture they found that they where short a wire in the harness and added this one. It appears to be there day one as it is in the loom that runs all thru the chassis and would have been extremely difficult to add later. I have also come across a set of wiring diagrams for our coaches. It is for a 2005 Monaco that uses much the same wiring harness. If you would like a copy feel free to email me at kencowling@rogers.com and I will send you the schematics. Safe travels. Ken

Tags
slide