Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-23-2010, 07:22 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Holiday Rambler Arista

Good morning -

I thought I'd post something to see if anyone here has information (good or bad) on the Holiday Rambler Arista. I currently own a class C unit, and am considering the jump to a class A. I am looking at the introductory class A units and have interest in the 32 and 33 foot Arista floor plans.

Thanks,
srusso1202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-23-2010, 11:22 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Well I answered part of my own question. Appears the Arista model will not be part of the Holiday Rambler line-up for 2011. Although the coach will continue to be made in 2011 as the Monaco Riptide.
srusso1202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 09:55 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Steve,
Holiday Rambler just announced a new model for 2011 with an old name, Vacationer. It will have a base price of 110,000, which puts it less than the H/R Admiral or Monaco Monach. It's basically the same as an Admiral but with some frills cut. For example it come standard without full body paint, a 5 gal hot water tank instead of a 10, no camera mirrors. It is also 4 inches shorter in height. You can look at the details on their website.
Old 08-27-2010, 01:10 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
And still more news from Monaco:

The front-engine Vesta, the first
collaborative product development effort
between Monaco and Navistar, features a
low center of gravity, roof-mounted
awning, airbag suspension and a tapered
rear section that reflects the wind tunnel
testing with which it was designed.

The Vesta will be built on a proprietary
26,000-pound GVWR Monaco Roadmaster
chassis equipped with a 260-hp. MaxxForce
7 engine that, according to Monaco, should
get 15 to 18 mpg. A single-slide 32-footer,
due out this fall, retails for $195,000 to
$200,000 with ultraleather and Corian

interiors.
Safe Travels,
Dick and Karen
2005 HR End PRQ
Florida Panhandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 11:13 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-ramble View Post
Steve,
Holiday Rambler just announced a new model for 2011 with an old name, Vacationer. It will have a base price of 110,000, which puts it less than the H/R Admiral or Monaco Monach. It's basically the same as an Admiral but with some frills cut. For example it come standard without full body paint, a 5 gal hot water tank instead of a 10, no camera mirrors. It is also 4 inches shorter in height. You can look at the details on their website.
It also comes with a Rubber Roof. Now that might not make a difference but do investigate that maintenance.
cruzcontrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 11:20 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzcontrol View Post
It also comes with a Rubber Roof. Now that might not make a difference but do investigate that maintenance.
I have owned three RV's with the rubber roof and it will be a cold day in H%$L before I own another one.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 02:09 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
I viewed the Vesta at the FMCA Rally in Redmond OR -- It is a well designed, & equiped coach for the size -- Fit & finish was good, however this was a show coach, & production models mat not be this good -- $200,000 is a bit much, & a new line usually has alot of problems -- Bill Willard
William Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 02:35 PM   #8

arista with rubber roof

Quote:
Originally Posted by srusso1202 View Post
Good morning -

I thought I'd post something to see if anyone here has information (good or bad) on the Holiday Rambler Arista. I currently own a class C unit, and am considering the jump to a class A. I am looking at the introductory class A units and have interest in the 32 and 33 foot Arista floor plans.

Thanks,
Steve:
Have you ever owned a MH with a rubber roof and know the maintenance required? If not maybe some others can explain. Lot's don't like them.

Cruzcontrol (Richard)
Old 08-28-2010, 07:41 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Just for some clarification here, I believe the Monaco Riptide is the one with the rubber roof. The Holiday Rambler 2011 Vacactioner comes with a fiberglass roof. The Monaco Vesta, which some have been bringing up, is a whole different price range, like almost double.
Jim
Old 08-29-2010, 06:24 PM   #10

arista roof

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-ramble View Post
Just for some clarification here, I believe the Monaco Riptide is the one with the rubber roof. The Holiday Rambler 2011 Vacactioner comes with a fiberglass roof. The Monaco Vesta, which some have been bringing up, is a whole different price range, like almost double.
Jim
2010 Aristas x 2 units sitting in my dealers lot have rubber roof. Maybe the 2011 change back to the Vacationer will change the roof. My older '03 Vacationer has aluminum roof.