Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-06-2008, 07:46 AM   #57

Ford Super Duty Owner
Nedra,
I purchased a 2008 Neptune back in May, and I'm having the exact same problems you had. Please let me know what you had done to correct the problem or if you are still having issues with
your coach.
TerryDix is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-06-2008, 08:25 AM   #58

Tiffin Owners Club
Hi Terry,
the chassis problems were finally resolved after working with Jim Walls at Monaco in Oregon and Cummins. I would suggest you contact the dealer or whoever works on the chassis in your area. Let them know the problems you are having and let them diagnose it. Yours is in warranty and all should be covered. Just be sure to tell them about our nightmare and that it was resolved by having the ride height checked and adjusted. The dealer can call Jim Walls at Monaco and get the authorization.

Perhaps one of these days Monaco will get their act together and realize if they don't start producing a better quality coach AND be sure their techs as well as those of their authorized service centers do their jobs right they will start loosing more business than they already have. I've told them that with customer satisfaction at an all time low in the RV industry and the ecomonmy the way it is they better do something to ensure repeat business.

So, fist thing is to set up an appointment with an authorized service center that works on the chassis. If the dealer can't do it than check with Monaco and find someone who works on Roadmaster chassis. If there is a Cummins nearby and they work on motorhomes go there because they warranty their work and you can get it taken care of at any Cummins.

Good luck and keep this board posted. We need to get Monaco to see that there are more people with this problem. I know we were not the first and I'm sure you won't be the last.

Nedra
Nedra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 09:03 AM   #59

Ford Super Duty Owner
Nedra,
Thanks for your reply. I have already set up an appointment with a dealer who does the warranty work. I will make sure they have this information you provided.

Terry
2008 Holiday Rambler Stage Coach
Old 08-06-2008, 08:19 PM   #60

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
TerryDix...

I just wanted to interupt here to welcome you to iRV2...and ask if you would like to become a "Monaco Owners Forum Member"?

Again- welcome!

MM

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 03:16 PM   #61

Wow! I'm thinking about ordering a 2009 Neptune, and this thread has me scared! Not just worried about the ride height, but about cabinets off the walls and windshields popping off? How are the cabinets secured? Are they bolted? To what? The steel frame? The other Coach we are considering is the Damon Astoria....
Old 08-27-2008, 04:00 PM   #62

Tiffin Owners Club
They should be braced to the walls and floors...ours weren't but also we had such problems with our ride that even with them bolted to the floor and wall we had some problems. Ours weren't bolted but they are now. They also used a flexible caulking final go around so that helped.

Just about every brand you buy is going to have issues and as long as you get a service center and Monaco on the same track you should not have the nightmare we did.

Perhaps ours was one that fell through some cracks or it was built on Friday or Monday .

Nedra
Old 08-27-2008, 04:03 PM   #63

I think all of the windshield problems that Monoco has had is about over.There may be a few older 06/07 still out there.The fix on the front overhead and front underneath frame has corrected most flex related problems.

2007 Monaco Camelot
popeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 06:29 PM   #64

I came to this forum tonight after hearing about the problem the Denison's had. I have to say it sure got out of hand and screwed up. If you stand back and look at the what happened, can Monaco really be blaimed? Monaco gave RM the ride height numbers, exactly what did they give them the first time(? inches), second time(? inches); what was the measurement out of the factory before RM got their hands on the coach?
There were a lot of questions to be asked and a lot to be answered! Not to many answers given that we can decifer, so what was given to Monaco?

I know this was a fustrating experience, we had a bad experience with another coach manufacture, they never came through for us.
It's no surprise to us, but "Monaco certainly came through for you".

Knowing how to best get these kind of situations handled correctly isn't something you learn over night. It is an experience you won't forget, but also don't forget this, Monaco stayed with your all the way. You had to find the right person and when you did, they came through for you, as we have experienced, they'll continue to be there when you need them.
rver76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 11:02 AM   #65

Ford Super Duty Owner
Nedra,
It's been a while since I posted my Neptune problems. Nothing has been resolved. HR had me take my coach down to Wildwood, Fl to their own repair facility. They said nothing was wrong with my coach..advised that maybe I should upgrade to better shocks.. So I called HR and I was told they could not do anything else for me and just left me hanging. So I put Koni shocks on at my expense..$750, but that did not help at all. So I guess my next step is to call my attorney. I have been fighting this for about 8 months now and frankly and tired of it. My desire to use my motorhome is gone. The ride is so bad we do not want to take it out.

I hope the lemon law helps me out.
Terry
Old 02-25-2009, 01:20 PM   #66

Tiffin Owners Club
I'm sorry to hear you're having problems and I do feel your pain. Thank god our problems are finally resolved after so long and are now enjoying our motorhome. I'm sorry that Monaco has not been able to help you.

Our problem was mostly solved back in August but when we took it in recently to have some work done on it including balancing the tires it was discovered the one of our wheels was defective. Not damaged, but defective. It was replaced and now it finally rides like a dream.

I don't know how long you have been dealing with this but it can be frustrating.

Some things to try are to check the ride height. Take it to Cummins they are great. Then have the tires and wheels checked. It's amazing how a little defect in the wheel can cause so much problem.

Good luck, we are now enjoying our coach FINALLY and I even learned how to drive it

Nedra
Old 02-25-2009, 10:03 PM   #67

On that Shower door. after mine had jumped off a few times and also broke one of the rollers, Here's what Cath & I do now every time we roll out. We open the door then clamp it to the bottom and top rail with 2 of the hand grip spring clamps. It's been a lot easier on the nerves for me. Nedra, I too am glad you've started to enjoy yours.

2013 Keystone Laredo 291TG TT 2011 F150 puller
Lennyzx11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 04:22 AM   #68

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Hello, I don't know the entire extent of the problem with the Neptune ride you are experiencing but I will tell you that we had a Cayman and the four shocks and air bags just is not enough to give a decent ride. Ours rode like a log wagon also. We finally got rid of it and got a Endeavor. With the 8 bags and shocks it rides extremely better.