Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-11-2016, 08:31 AM   #15

Yes indeed the manual says the seats can be rotated. And yes indeed it would be nonsensical if they did not rotate. But I just cant get it done in any configuration.

I guess I will just have to wait for a rally and ask another 2008 Navigator owner.

Or, if there are any 2008 Navigator owners on this forum please enlighten me.

Thanks all.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-11-2016, 09:48 AM   #16

Ford Super Duty Owner
My passenger side seat was impossible to turn because of hitting the side. I took the seat out and made an adaptor to move the seat. It is now more centered up in the passenger area and turns around easy. Also it is now bolted down more securely than it was from the factory.
Old 07-11-2016, 11:20 AM   #17

sponserv - you are a little thin on provided information, so to be clear -
  • You have located the lever that allows the seats to rotate?
  • The mechanism at the base of the seat is releasing and allowing some movment or it is NOT releasing?
  • If it is releasing the issue is the rear of the seat makes contact with the side of the coach and it won't rotate beyond a few degrees because of the interference?

If it is not releasing the base, you need to get in there and see how it releases and why it isn't, but I think it is the second problem. On most coaches you have to move the seat to its most forward position so that the rear of the seat sits over the center point of rotation so that it so it doesn't swing out as it rotates, and instead the front of the seat swings out in a wide arc.

This usually leads to interference at the front edge of the seat and the steering column, so you have to rotate the seat as it comes forward so the front corner passes the column at the same time as the rear corner clears the wall.

Next you usually have to tilt the front of the seat down as you do it, and lift the seat back up as straight as possible with the wheel tilted as flat as possible so the back of the seat clears the wheel.
distaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 02:27 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by sponserv View Post
Yes indeed the manual says the seats can be rotated. And yes indeed it would be nonsensical if they did not rotate. But I just cant get it done in any configuration.

I guess I will just have to wait for a rally and ask another 2008 Navigator owner.

Or, if there are any 2008 Navigator owners on this forum please enlighten me.

Thanks all.

You're saying that the seat will not even begin to rotate?

If so Im
Old 07-11-2016, 10:31 PM   #19

All,

The seats are rotating.

The wires are not bound up.

The steering wheel and column are as far out of the way as mechanically possible.

I have tried every angle of seatback, armrest, fore and aft, etc

These seats will not rotate all the way around to be used as chairs in the salon.

First time I have ever run into this. It seems like a design flaw but I can't find anyone else having the issue. If you know anyone who has a 2008 Navigator please ask them to chime in.

I know everyone is trying to be helpful but I have owned and lived in many coaches and turned oh so many chairs around. But I can't figure this set out.
Old 07-11-2016, 11:03 PM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Being that we're talking about a 2008 .... I'm guessing the coach is "new to you"? Just curious ... do you know for certain they're the original seats?
Old 07-12-2016, 05:38 AM   #21

Actually Norman you bring up a good point. The coach was bought used and I cannot be 100 percent certain these are the original seats.

Still waiting for a 2008 Navigator owner to reply.
Old 07-12-2016, 06:32 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceNorman View Post
Being that we're talking about a 2008 .... I'm guessing the coach is "new to you"? Just curious ... do you know for certain they're the original seats?
AhhhHaaa! Very good thinking.

I know that on my coach the seats are very uncomfortable on long trips and it has only 14k I can see why someone might want to change them out.
Old 07-12-2016, 06:38 AM   #23

sponserv-
Based on other posts, iRV2 members "S-n-L" and "Navimama" own 2008 Navigators. You could send them private messages about their seats.
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote