Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-04-2008, 07:03 AM   #29

Our standard procedure is to put the towels into the W/D after our showers and dry them for about 15 minutes. They come out nice and fluffy, ready to fold and put away for the next day.

We have only had trips lasting a week at a time, so we do not need to wash a lot of clothes, UNLESS we spill something or decide to wear something twice. We also carry a bunch of inexpensive Sam's Club white terrycloth towels for cleanup, dog cleaning, hand wiping after crawling under the coach, etc. I put them in a trash bag and once we accumulate a few, I will wash and dry them, assuming they are not too far gone with dirt/grease.

The W/D is more than just a nice thing to have. It is easy to quickly become dependent on it. It certainly provides flexibility. Personally, vented is the only way to go. What's the big deal about another hole in the side of the coach?? The coach is designed for it, and there are certainly many vents in the same area...
Les Stallings is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-04-2008, 09:22 PM   #30

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
I came across instructions for opening the door...
OPENING THE DOOR
To open the door during a WASH cycle
Advance Program Dial to ˜RESET'.
Wait 5 seconds.
Advance Program Dial to ˜Drain' (8
o'clock) and allow the machine to
drain completely.
Advance Program Dial to ˜RESET'
(˜Status/Door Lock' LED will blink
quickly to indicate that the cycle
has stopped, but the door is STILL
LOCKED)
When the ˜Status/Door Lock' LED
blinks SLOWLY (takes 1-2 minutes),
you can open the door
To open the door during a DRY cycle
Advance Program Dial to ˜RESET'
(The ˜Status/Door Lock' LED will
blink FAST to indicate the cycle
has stopped.
Wait for the ˜Status/Door Lock'
LED to blink SLOWLY (takes 1-2
minutes). Open the door.

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 07:49 AM   #31

I understand that Sears (Kenmore)has a stacked unit that works very well.. Do any of you have this unit ??
SuperMex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 07:52 AM   #32

Monaco Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">.... Personally, vented is the only way to go. What's the big deal about another hole in the side of the coach?? The coach is designed for it, and there are certainly many vents in the same area... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I installed our 2100XC myself and here is how I took some of the guessing out of drilling the large hole in the side. I walk by my motorhome everyone morning when I take the dogs out for a walk. Knowing that I would be installing the vent soon I waited for a morning when the condensation on the sides of the coach showed where the internal framing was. I got out my ladder and placed masking tape over the frame work in the area where the vent would need to go. When the time came to locate the large vent hole I measured off of a point that could be referenced from both inside the motorhome and outside (window,etc.) to make sure that I would not contact any of the frame work. The other thing you need to worry about is wiring located inside the wall. I drilled a pilot hole form the inside the size of the pilot drill in the hole saw. Cut from one side until you just penetrate the wall and then stop. Usually a thin sheet of material will still be holding the cutout section. Carefully remove the cutout and check for wires before drilling out the other side. I like to drill from each side when using a large hole saw if possible. This helps to reduce fraying on the external surfaces.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 04:02 PM   #33

Nodine,
When Buddy Gregg installed my washer/dryer I noticed a perfect circle on the floor that just happened to have all three of my paint colors on it. I was clever enough to retrieve it. Might come in handy someday if (God forbid) I need to match the paint colors.

I wish one of you geniouses could figure out how to disarm that 2 minute wait to open the dryer door. 2 minutes standing there waiting to shake the clothes seems like forever. I did check with the authorized repair man in Yuma last winter and he said there is no way. There has to be a way!! The old ones were not that way. Dang lawers just took away some more of our decision making ability.

RB
arby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 04:12 PM   #34

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
arby...The only information I could find is found here...

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote