Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-20-2013, 08:22 AM   #113

We have what I think is a bit rare or maybe just hard to find. Its an 07' Holiday Rambler AlumaLite. It's only 4500lbs dry and 31 feet long. We were looking for the one with the bunk house in the back so we could install a medium sized claw foot tub and a washer dryer where the bunks used to be.

Cavemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-20-2013, 10:57 AM   #114

Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Molly

Well, I bought "Molly" in August of last year--its a 1996 Holliday Rambler Vacationer ES--our first MH--have spent about $3000 on her---but only 300 of that was out of necessity---2700 was because I wanted to--this thing is great---it doesnt have a slide-out---but there is only me, my wife and the dog---its perfect for us--has a 460 FI--(easy to work on)on a F-53 chassis--Im gradually spending money on it--I dont think Ill ever "trade up" I love the fact that its an older MH--it really has character--of course---the newer ones are great also---"different strokes for different folks"Vince& Nancy& and of course Kenny
vscoggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 02:42 PM   #115
jdp

re older Holiday

Spending a few dollars on an older Holiday Rambler ... trailer, 5th or MH is a good RV investment. There is something about the older ones that has a look of quality and character...besides that...I can't afford a new one !!

Good luck with it.

As an extra note for those who pull camper of 5th wheel, interesting to many of us is tow vehicle info and experiences.
In addition to pulling a 92 HR 5th wheel .... I pull with an old 96 F250 with 7.3 Powerstroke that's a daily driver. Both are ready to go when time and money allows.
Let's hear from some other HR people on tow vehicles and tips.
jdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:05 AM   #116

Ford Super Duty Owner
Hello all, we just purchased our first MH. It is a 2005 HR Admiral SE. Looking forward to lots of traveling adventures with the wife and dogs.
wndshldgoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:57 PM   #117

Monaco Owners Club
HI, we are a little late finding this group. We purchased our 2008 40PDQ in Dec 2012 and have been living in it since then.
Larry and Suzette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:30 PM   #118

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hello Holiday Rambler group. We recently purchased a 2005 HR Admiral 30 PDD with 32k miles on the Workhorse P32 chassis. I have worked my rear end off getting it to where I would like it to be but I guess I am one of those "OCD" people 'cause I just keep finding things to do on it but I do enjoy tinkering with it. I do have a question about an inverter that the manual says was an option on it but this may not be the right thread for that. I do enjoy this site.
kgpick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:54 PM   #119

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZLTEK View Post
Well! Here are, bought an 06 HR Admiral 30PDD on a F53 Ford. Have used it now for 1/2 year and 3000 miles. Seems to me after reading most of the above, we might not be a fit. Seems most folks have a pusher with a Freightliner chassis but for us big is not better. Hope we're welcome and who knows maybe we can be of assist some day. We are Joyce and Ray from Surrey BC and we're heading for the sun in a couple of weeks. Maybe we can hook up some where.
I guess I am a misfit also 'cause we also have an 05 30PDD and really like it. We also enjoy the smaller size. Does yours have the optional inverter in the overhead compartment? Mine does not have it and I would like to add one for the tv and satellite receiver.
kgpick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:22 PM   #120
jdp

H R owners welcome !

I think anyone who appreciates a Holiday Rambler of any style should feel welcome here. Everyone has something to offer to another owner. I enjoy checking in to hear the HR experiences. Have a trailer, 5th or MH of any level? We all like to get your experience.
Old 05-05-2013, 01:40 PM   #121

2000 HR Ambassador

Just joined the HR group. We've done most forms of RV camping: popups, TTs, a Class C and now in a 2000 HR Ambassador, 34' diesel, that we got 2 years ago. We're retired and like to camp for a couple weeks at a time with family, usually at oceanside/lake/stream campgrounds - not in paved lots if we can help it. Two little dogs. Our once pristine carpet and cloth couch have become ratty so we're undergoing some upgrades as we speak: new floor is luxury vinyl tile-look (much easier to clean), and a new Flexsteel ultraleather jacknife couch. The rig runs great; lots of power. Now also adding a tow bar and will start towing our little Honda Fit Sport (2500 lbs curb wt.). Have been across the USA, Delaware to Calif, twice. Happy trails!
DelawareBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 06:17 AM   #122

good articles ,good luck to all HR owners, have a great summer of great travels
dcfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 07:33 PM   #123
jdp

80's Holiday Rambler MH

Just thinking of those older HR motor homes. Just saw a HR MH about an
mid 80's. Style was dated of course but it looked great ! Owner said it has a 454 so Chev Chassis I guess with tag axle. They run it thousands of miles a year. Anyone out there have one of these classics? Sure would like to hear about it.
DCFD welcome. What do you have?
Old 05-06-2013, 08:50 PM   #124

The blue '93 34' HR Aluma Lite was our first. We took our time fixing it up, and it soon taught us we would be needing something bigger if were were going to be spending as much time on the road as we have planned. Disappointed, we sold it, but it wasn't gone too long and a '97 37' HR Endeavor DP followed us home! With a long slider, it has all the room we'll need! We've been restoring it bit by bit and touring the country with it since. The 34' really was pretty nice, but not a contest compared to the Endeavor. We can take a break and move around easily with the slide in, but when out, the extra room available really makes a big difference in how "homey" it feels? -Al
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rt side.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	112.0 KB
ID:	38329   Click image for larger version

Name:	with_toad.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	343.3 KB
ID:	38330  

Old 05-08-2013, 09:29 AM   #125

Hello...

About a month ago we got an '03 Traveler 30PBS...

It's been great and we love the extra room..!!..

Nike
Nike Holley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:56 PM   #126

Monaco Owners Club
'09 HR Scepter 42PDQ

We purchased our MH pre-owned and love the coach despite a couple of issues. We had to replace the lift pump on the Cummins ISL 425 and now the living room slide is hanging up on one side when retracting. Push on the corner and it will retract but it looks like another trip to the repair facility. Despite this, we find the coach to be of good quality and can't wait for retirement and give it a real workout. Hope everyone has a great spring and summer "and be safe out there!"

Jim, Vicki and Newt, the neutered Yorkie
2013 VW Passat TDI w/Demco SS tow dolly
Sherman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat diesel, freightliner, holiday rambler, monaco