Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-12-2021, 11:49 PM   #617

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger47 View Post
Ours is a 2007 HR 42PBQ purchased last year with 61,000M. Our first Motor Coach. Despite all of the little issues we're dealing with, we love it and do not regret the purchase!
Roger I was wondering about what you meant by all the little issues....
I have a 1997 HR imperial 40 ft. I was wondering if we may have as many and or the same problems..
THE ALAMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-27-2021, 04:50 PM   #618

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
91 Alum-Lite XL

We bought this about a month ago, from a friend of my wife. We are the 4th owners, and she looks practically brand new on the inside. Wears her age very nicely on the outside. Just some minor problems to fix. !st travel trailer, we are learning a lot. Planning to go on first trip in about a month, to try her out. Howdy to everybody in the group.
microdot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 11:51 PM   #619

Monaco Owners Club
03 HR Navigator

Just bought last month a 03 Navigator 45PBT , so far fixing all the broken items . Replaced all the batteries , in the process of replacing all the basement door latches/locks . I get a little anal about things not working the way they are supposed to. Hopefully see you all at some point, stay safe .
Old 10-26-2021, 09:02 AM   #620

'97 HR Imperial - 38CDS

Hello all. Brand new to the site. Purchased ours just over a year ago. It has been project after project but learning alot.

So far I've done normal servicing (oil changes/winterization type stuff). That was interesting. Replaced bushings on the front torque arms and front airbags. Ordered the rear airbags in June and they're on back order until December.

List of projects I need to is long and I'm sure if I make it through this list more will crop up:

1. Routine Servicing: Generator needs oil change, new fuel filter, and glow plugs are bad; Change oil/filter, replace coolant, and winterize
2. Windshield washer sprayers don't work-appears to be blocked up. Looking into replacing the tubes and sprayers.
3. Rear ladder needs fixed. Many of the bolts are missing or rusted
4. Headlights are terribly dim. I used the headlight restore stuff but didn't last long. Headlights are just really dim. Having a hard time accessing the back of the headlight to remove the bulb might need to cut the fiberglass around the rear of the headlight to get access.
5. Entry door step works intermittently. Likely going to need to replace
6. Entry door trim is tearing and coming off (already posted a thread on replacement options).
7. The front heat pump has gone out so working through replacing that. Probably go with a low profile A/C only unit because a dealer told me the low profile heat pumps are very difficult to get right now.

Anyway, I'm sure I'll be on the site alot searching for answers to questions and knowledge contained here. Thanks. Oh, and if you have any info the above projects feel free to speak up. I'll likely be posting separate threads though.
Old 10-27-2021, 01:56 AM   #621

Hi SirPuck, be proud of your HR Imperial. It looks like a lot to get done. But, a start makes a lot of difference. You don't have to do all the repair in one week. Get to work, mark the task accomplished off your list and enjoy the use of your motor home. My 2002 HR Ambassador is only 36 feet long with 3 slides. With the tow, it's long enough. We are only two of us and there is ample room for all we need.
Old 10-31-2021, 06:42 AM   #622

We bought a 2003 Ambassador 32PBD in June. New front tires, new batteries, new radiator pipes, rear brakes, remodeled interior with vinyl plank flooring, sealed entire roof and every seam/seal on exterior,etc. Haven’t camped yet. Maybe next month.
VTRVMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 07:06 AM   #623

2002 HR Ambassador w/2 slides. Purchased end of June this year. Installed new rear view camera, new mattress, 6 new tires, had all maintenance brought up to date, installed new chassis a/c condenser, and fixed interior drawer slides, hinges, and other items too numerous to mention.

The thing tried to kill me when I tripped over the steps 18 days ago, still healing.

We used it about 22 days this year and love it. Very comfortable.

More work to do but will get there.
Orrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 01:54 AM   #624

We sold our motor home and bought a 2002 Holiday Rambler Ambassador in 2019. The biggest complaint we have is; we cleaned pretty thoroughly, but we are still finding and removing dog hair. We don't have a dog or cat and plan to never. I'll leave that to all the dog/cat lovers. I'm surprised to not find pet hair in the fridge. Okay, off that. Now, my present concern is the previous owner installed plank flooring and the front slide with the sofa is damaging the flooring. There was a long thick stick of plastic tapered on the edge to glide the slide-out up and over the plank flooring. That broke and I had to remove it. Now, the slide catches the plank and separates is from the joining piece. I don't know how to install another plastic stick underneath the slide.
Yeah, I'm a Holiday Rambler owner!
Old 11-09-2021, 03:21 PM   #625

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdpreece View Post
Bought our 08 Endeavor PDQ40 new in June and love it. Hopefully we are getting all the kinks worked out as this is our first long trip and we blew the radiator in San Carlos AZ.
I have a hr imperial 40 325cumm8ns turbo 16 ft enclosed trailor with a Harley in tow. U love it its paid for but recently after a defective window installation by pros my 12 volt system got smoked. Water rain down into the front fuse panel with icecyciles! .has one slideout And for me and one other it's perfect..electrical nite mare in up in arms as to what I should do.how hard us it to rewire a 12 volt system or is there another option . Just trying to fix what goes down us getting frustrating. No southvound and down this winter. Im keeping it
THE ALAMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 01:11 PM   #626

I happened to click wrong thread. Regular 12v wiring is not normally "smoked" by water . I have washed many batteries hooked up , starters have positive cable very close to same ground that pulls several hundred amps get splashed thousands of times. were electronic panels involved or 120v wiring wet and seeking ground through 12v wiring. Do you have corrosion issues ,wet relays can easily die, drowned regrettable fuse cans.would need replaced.
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE ALAMO View Post
I have a hr imperial 40 325cumm8ns turbo 16 ft enclosed trailor with a Harley in tow. U love it its paid for but recently after a defective window installation by pros my 12 volt system got smoked. Water rain down into the front fuse panel with icecyciles! .has one slideout And for me and one other it's perfect..electrical nite mare in up in arms as to what I should do.how hard us it to rewire a 12 volt system or is there another option . Just trying to fix what goes down us getting frustrating. No southvound and down this winter. Im keeping it
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 02:59 PM   #627

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler

Not sure if anyone is still on this forum, but we just purchased a 2003 HR Endeavor 40DST. Still figuring it out but love it so far it also is our first RV.
I’m currently looking for a full schematic of the complete RV ie. electric,water, anything and everything
TravelingDodsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 03:01 PM   #628

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxdave View Post
just curious how many holiday rambler owners we have here ? also how do you like your coach ? mine is a 97 endeavor wds cat powered ! i love the fact that its paid for ! though i have been doing some tinkering ! would love to hear about your coach !
We have a 1996 HR Endeavor with 12 valve Cummins and Banks turbo. No slides. Old school. She is a beautiful with hardwood floors and new painted graphics. 150 k and rolling. Mr. P
holiday37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 04:57 PM   #629

1999 H/R Navigator ISM bought it last year.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1337.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	186.3 KB
ID:	348587  
Old 11-10-2021, 07:33 PM   #630

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We have a 99 endeavor DP. A few years ago we started an up date of it. We took down all the mirrors that was of that time changed the upholstery, dinette, and mattress. Also did the captain chairs, curtains. Changed our all faucets, changed to LED lights inside, updated solar and battries. Maintance about two years ago we started doing the off schedule things like air bags, belts, shocks and just starting the hoses. It took up about 2-3 years to do the update.

We like our MH, we are just about finished with the update. We will keep her untill we can not climb the stairs and drive the breast. Maybe 10 to 15 years more.
ArtJoyce is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat diesel, freightliner, holiday rambler, monaco