Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-28-2022, 03:44 PM   #659

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
We have a 1999 Holiday Rambler Navigator. We got it January of 2010. We spent 3 months on the roof repairing the wires because of a refrigerator that caught on fire. After a new refrigerator and new wires, it was good to go. We have made many memories traveling the country in it. We just remodeled the floor and couches in the front. We have seen 2 kids grow up in this "bus"!!
cathyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-29-2022, 04:27 AM   #660

cathyh, Your coach is beautiful. Will you please give details on your upgrades on the floor and couch. I am ready to upgrade my couch in the 2002 H R Ambassador.
Old 04-29-2022, 04:43 PM   #661

Remodel

We took out the captain's chairs and both couches in the front. One was a jack knife sofa and the other was just a couch with a rounded piece at the end. We also removed the table across from the kitchen counter. We removed the carpet and had to get down and remove every staple!! We cut the carpet right at the edge of the slideout and left the carpet on the slide since it won't be seen anyway. We installed vinyl flooring. It is hook flooring but we put a little glue on each board to make sure it would stay down in our hard winters.
We purchased a jack knife sofa from (popular online truck seat replacement company) and a dinette set so it can be put down and used as an extra sleeping place. Our family has 3 adults and 2 kids so sleeping area is important. The kids grew up in this motorhome and have sleep on the floor but now at 15 and 10, they want comfy!!
We installed the dinette and sofa we purchased and they went in pretty easy. We did reroute the duct work to go under the dinette with a vent in the end of one of the seats and another vent in the end of the sofa.
Then I recovered the original jack knife sofa. I took all the pleats out and made it a smooth look. That was a learning curve HaHa. Then I recovered the captain's chairs. I have one picture when only the bottom of the seat is done. We needed to take a trip this month before I finished.
We really like the floor alot. Put target rugs down to try and keep all kid and dog dirt down.

Here are a couple pictures of what we did.
Cathy
Old 04-29-2022, 05:00 PM   #662

Remodel

I guess I don't know how to attach pictures of what we did
Old 04-30-2022, 03:31 AM   #663

Oh, I'm sorry I missed the pictures. My main concerns are; the couch shows wear. I'd like to have it recovered. The previous owner installed plank flooring about 1/4 inch thick. One slide catches on the edge and has damaged the floor finish. I don't know if I will have to remove the entire flooring and install vinyl, or cut off the flooring at the hall entry and install vinyl from the kitchen through the cockpit. I am working on getting the slide to clear the edge of the flooring. I installed the lowest profile rollers underneath the slide that I could locate and I think they are a little too high. We can use the motor home as is. However, I would like to get it more slide-functional.
Old 05-02-2022, 08:44 AM   #664

We installed vinyl flooring from Home Depot. We didn't have any trouble with the slide. Do you think they put something under the plank flooring? We also didn't remove anything under the slide. We cut the carpet right under the slide at the edge. We are going to put something there, I am not sure what yet because you can see the carpet edge a little.

https://www.irv2.com/photopost/data/...torhome_6a.jpg
Old 05-02-2022, 10:03 AM   #665

03 Neptune

Enjoying our time at a HR Diesel pusher maintenance session,
danboomer74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 10:21 AM   #666

With 48 pages and 665 posts, yeah, there are a LOT of HR owners out there! 2004 Holiday Rambler Neptune, 34.5 ft. Needs more work.....
Jchemie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2022, 02:12 AM   #667

1996 HR 32cg Vacationer never stored outdoors, 60 k miles, 500 w solar, 412 a/hr lithium, suspension mods, 19.5" wheels, banks upgrades on 460, painted interior, fun!
Old 05-08-2022, 10:30 PM   #668

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathyh View Post
We have a 1999 Holiday Rambler Navigator. We got it January of 2010. We spent 3 months on the roof repairing the wires because of a refrigerator that caught on fire. After a new refrigerator and new wires, it was good to go. We have made many memories traveling the country in it. We just remodeled the floor and couches in the front. We have seen 2 kids grow up in this "bus"!!
We are in the middle of our remodel in our 1999 Navigator, we also took the furniture out and replaced the floor from the kitchen forward. Also remodeled all the fixtures through out the motor home, to much gold coloring for the wife, she had enough. We are looking to put new Captains chairs and recliner couch. Also upgraded the tv in the center counsel. Everything is coming along nicely, hope all is well with your upgrades, safe travels
JimmyB007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 11:15 AM   #669

Yes, it is work but well worth it. I still have to finish recovering the captain's chairs but it looks so nice with what we have done. We have trouble with the outside faucet leaking so we have to repair those fittings and try and do something in the compartment.
Good luck on your remodel. They are great units!!
Old 06-26-2022, 11:03 AM   #670
GRF

Holiday Rambler Vacationer XE

Best Class A for the $$.
GRF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 04:35 PM   #671

Spartan Chassis
Question Holiday Rambler Endeavor 2002

We have the 38' Endeavor, PBD. And i'm looking for advice on how to replace shower valves that are mounted in the corner with no access at all from behind the adjoining walls. One wall is an exterior, the other is kitchen slide. There has to be a way to do it without ripping out the entire shower stall--I hope.
Other than replacing worn out/aged items, and lots of learning in the process, this DP is wonderful. 2 month long trips in past year, and another in couple of weeks, 3000plus miles each. love it. New to us in november 2020.
Didn't know if this was the proper tread to ask about plumbing.
Like a good friend says "Keep the rubber side down".
Lucy2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 03:56 AM   #672

Lucy2017, I hope someone can help you with the info you need. We have a 2002 HR diesel pusher as well. The valve is on the wall of the bedroom.
I'm trying to figure out a way to make the shower wider so my elbows won't knock on the doors and wall as much.

Tags
cat diesel, freightliner, holiday rambler, monaco