Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-24-2022, 04:30 PM   #1

How to completely empty fresh water tank?

Hi Guys,

I got a slimy substance gumming up my water pump screen and I need to completely empty the fresh water tank.

When I open the drain valve, Signature 2003 Baroness, in the bay with the water pump on the curbside, I still have about 1"and half, 2 inches of water left in the tank. I want to drain it completely. there are also 2 low point valves by the aqua hot but they dont seem to have an effect on the water tank level.

I tried threading a 1/4" tube into the gravity feed (drivers side)to pump it out but it won't reach the water. There must be a few turns in there and it is hitting something about 2 feet in.

Only thing left is to remove the clamp on the intake hose for the water pump and try to fish the tube in past the valve cutoff and into the tank.

Any ideas?

thank you
moira
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-24-2022, 05:49 PM   #2

Can you tilt the m/h a little with the jacks?
Old 06-24-2022, 06:54 PM   #3

Our Endeavor has a drain valve right at the bottom of the holding tank itself. It's accessed through the side door that exposes the tank (not the wet bay).
Steve911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 07:06 PM   #4

We don't have jacks, we have air bags.

I do not believe we have a drain under the tank itself but I will certainly look. There is nothing in the book about it.

So I put in 3 gallons of bleach and about 40 gallons of water, aired up the accumulator, and now the water pump won't come on, I let out all the air back out of the accumulator just in case.

Let's hope it's a fuse
Moira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 07:09 PM   #5

EDIT ...
Well looks like your on it. Some pumps have two fuses one in panel other inline near pump. Did try to open different faucet maybe slime plugged bubbler and pump switch was made. Similar happened to thawing a pipe had it thawed for over an hour crawling all over in crawl space.
Post were going while I was pecking away.
Shock the little water in there with bleach or chlorine to amount to sanitize whole tank. Put in fill hose to push it in tank . Let it sit an hour and slowly fill to dilute and drain at same time. Then sanitize whole tank and dump again do the drain and fill or pump out through gray again for a bit to get rid of bleach smell.
It's about exactly what I did this spring, first fresh tank I saved had no more slime and practically zero bleach smell.
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2022, 12:11 AM   #6

I only found one 20A fuse in the forward d/s fuse bay by left front tire. It was fine, changed it anyway. Did not find another fuse by the pump.

I tried all the faucets. The slime didn't get passed the water pump. I can't believe this.

It's gotta be the pressure switch. Do you know where that is?

I just spent 2Gs on a hydraulic slide solenoid cause the mobile tech wired it wrong. And I had to cancel my frig appointment to get it fixed because of the slide.
What's going on. Ahhhhhhhh
Old 06-25-2022, 05:59 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
I have a fuse in my 12volt fuse panel for the water pump BUT I also have an inline fuse between the latching relay and the pump. I'd check there also.
I also have a separate relay between the latching relay and the pump. A while back another member found the relay was bad.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2022, 09:09 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moira View Post

Then drive it up on a piece of wood, it doesn't take much.
Old 06-25-2022, 03:19 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moira View Post

Perhaps manually DUMP one side of the coach and then manually air UP the other side as high as it will go. My coach will lean quite a ways when doin so.

HTH

Happy Trails
Old 06-26-2022, 03:25 PM   #10

Thank you everyone,

My tank does not have a drain on the bottom of it.

We are not in a place where I can fool around with the leveling. And I imagine the leveler in charge won't let me do it. But I think this procedure may get me there.

I will drain it to empty (about 2 inches of water in the tank) and then double that with fresh water and then open the drain in the water pump bay. Keeping the fresh water flowing into the tank, eventually I will replace that bottom 2" of water.

I did not find any inline fuses or relays in the water pump bay. That little problem ended up being an air lock, thank goodness. I just turned on some city water, opened (and closed) the faucets then shut off the water hose to coach and turned on the pump, problem solved.

So Im almost back where I started now, only the generator slide wont retract now. we'll find out tomorrow what the shop is gonna do and then I can go get my frig fixed, oil changed and maybe some lithium batteries. cha ching

ps I have a RV Aquajet made 12/02, model no. 5503-4v15-b636
Old 06-26-2022, 09:29 PM   #11

Drive it for a while with the drain open.
Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 03:08 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
There is a fresh water tank drain valve in the bay near the water pump. It's discussed in the winterizing procedures.
You can also easily tilt the coach using the HWH control panel next to the driver. Just press the down arrow on the passenger side for a few seconds and then press the up arrow on the drivers side for a few seconds. Of course you need air in the tanks to raise it, so you may have to run the engine. I tilt the coach when filling the diesel tank.
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 03:17 PM   #13

Low point drain is the way to go and if the drain is in the front corner of the tank tilt the vehicle using wood etc such that the area where the drain is located is the lowest. Water Heater also has a drain as well!
Old 07-05-2022, 01:42 PM   #14

My 2007 Holiday Rambler also has a large valve on the bottom of the tank accessible from a curb side bay door where the tank is visible.
Rodger47 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fresh water, tank, water