Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-23-2009, 11:10 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
I am trying to remove the front tv,it is over head in the center,I have the wood frame around it removed and both of the upper metal brackets are loose,I can move it all over,but it won't come out.it seems to be held some on the r/lower side.it looks like it is sitting on top of a big yellow wire?
What am I doing wrong?
rvtips is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-23-2009, 02:25 PM   #2

phillip, i would think your install would be similar to our 02 beaver. our tv was mounted first to a piece of plywood that was secured from the underside of the cabinet with a couple of screws (screw heads are covered with snap caps) take the snap caps off, remove the screws and slide out the tv, plywood and all! i hope this was some help. jim
beaverjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 03:43 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Ours was held at the top,I can lift it up some but can't see what it is hanging up on?

Quote:
Originally posted by beaverjim:
phillip, i would think your install would be similar to our 02 beaver. our tv was mounted first to a piece of plywood that was secured from the underside of the cabinet with a couple of screws (screw heads are covered with snap caps) take the snap caps off, remove the screws and slide out the tv, plywood and all! i hope this was some help. jim
Old 02-23-2009, 04:43 PM   #4

I had to remove the screws that held the speaker up in the middle of the cabinet. Once I removed the screws I could remove the tv.
Meandering Retiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 04:53 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
I'll be watching this thread with great interest, as I'm going to try to take the main tv out this week sometime. One thing for sure, that thing is solid in the mounting. We have gone over some wicked potholes and the thing just sits there like a rock (thank goodness).
Old 02-24-2009, 08:33 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Just be VERY careful with the reassembly of the TV mounts.
The screws from the metal stand under the TV (that angles it down in the front) to the back of the TV strip and/or fall out very easily (even if you never go near them with a screwdriver) and (in an '02) are the only thing holding the TV in other than the wood trim ring around the front, and caused the TV in our '02 Endeavor to fall out of the frame while driving down an I-5 on ramp.
It required:
New TV
New cabinetwork (old cabinet was splintered)
New laptop (the laptop on the dash running GPS software didn't fare well when hit with a falling 25" TV)
Dash repairs (huge gash in the vinyl - the laptop didn't provide enough cushioning)
Most newer models have a strap from the top of the TV to the back of the cabinet that you have to remove the rear air vent screen to disconnect before you can remove the TV. Ours was retrofitted with such a strap when Monaco paid for the repairs to the dash & cabinet. (It is much more secure since the strap is pulling at a 90 degree angle to the screws instead of simply trying to pull the screws straight out, which with the plastic of the TV isn't hard to do....)
Old 02-24-2009, 11:38 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Well I got it out .I had to pull it hard from the top and it came loose,after removing it I looked at the back of the TV and they had two L brackets screwed to the back of the TV and them into the floor that the TV sits on,I don't know how they could have installed the screws into the floor,there is NO vent in the back or side of the houseing?
Oh well now onto installing the LCD TV.

Quote:
Originally posted by rvtips:
I am trying to remove the front tv,it is over head in the center,I have the wood frame around it removed and both of the upper metal brackets are loose,I can move it all over,but it won't come out.it seems to be held some on the r/lower side.it looks like it is sitting on top of a big yellow wire?
What am I doing wrong?
Old 02-24-2009, 12:50 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
There is probably a large sheet of plywood under the TV that those L brackets were screwed down to.
Look at the cabinet from below - you'll see 1 or 2 round plastic buttons - pry them off and you'll
find the screws that go UP from below into that piece of plywood to hold it in place.
Old 02-24-2009, 08:50 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
No plugs only two puck lights,If you read my post,the screws were from the top,I don't see how they ever got to them?
Phillip

Quote:
Originally posted by tquarles:
There is probably a large sheet of plywood under the TV that those L brackets were screwed down to.
Look at the cabinet from below - you'll see 1 or 2 round plastic buttons - pry them off and you'll
find the screws that go UP from below into that piece of plywood to hold it in place.
Old 02-25-2009, 09:18 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
In my unit, the screws from the metal brackets go down into the sheet of plywood while the TV and plywood are 'elsewhere', thus attaching the plywood to the TV, then the entire unit (TV and plywood together) slides in and the screws from below hold the plywood (and thus the TV) in place. I have never removed any of the screws from the metal brackets on my unit (although I re-installed the ones from the brackets to the TV several times when they vibrated loose). I suspect that you have that sheet of plywood in the bottom of your cabinet, and just have to find where they hid the screws that hold it in place to release it.