Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-13-2012, 02:27 PM   #1
AGP

Monaco Owners Club
How to remove Porch Light Cover

Hello
Any one know how to remove the yellow plastic cover from the porch light so that I can replace the bulb? 2011 Monaco Knight 40' http://i793.photobucket.com/albums/y...x/DSC01786.jpg
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-13-2012, 02:28 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Thor Owners Club
gently squeeze it, it should pop right out!
lenkerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:02 PM   #3
AGP

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenkerb View Post
gently squeeze it, it should pop right out!
Doesnt give when trying to squeeze. There are small white tabs recessed
a total of four two on bottom and one on each side wondering if the tabs are key to the removal?
Old 12-13-2012, 03:22 PM   #4
bnb1313@aol.com

Monaco Owners Club
The porch light lens on my coach is removed by squeezing the top and bottom together. Mine was stuck so when I applied the same force as King Kong would the lens cracked in the middle but it did come off. I super glued the lens and it's still holding but when I decide to go with an LED light the whole unit will be replaced.
BigSkyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:57 PM   #5

Location: Where ever we park but currently in Nine Mile Falls, WA
I just replaced the light bulb in mine today. Gently squeeze the top and bottom together and it will come off.
trabuco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 10:37 AM   #6
AGP

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGP View Post
Hello
Any one know how to remove the yellow plastic cover from the porch light so that I can replace the bulb? 2011 Monaco Knight 40' http://i793.photobucket.com/albums/y...x/DSC01786.jpg
Thought I would share how to change the porch light bulb on the 2011 Monaco Knight. There is an, upper and lower assembly you push in the white tabs on the end of the upper assembly and flip up the upper Assembly which reveals 4 Phillips head screws which when removed allow the amber lower assembly to come off exposing the bulb. Thanks everyone for your input.
Old 12-14-2012, 06:55 PM   #7

I had the same problem on my 2011 Knight. I did have to use a knife to cut the silicon seal on the top of the light before the top portion could be removed.

Sure seems like a complicated system for a porch light.
wigginsjsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 02:23 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Thought I would share how to change the porch light bulb on the 2011 Monaco Knight. There is an, upper and lower assembly you push in the white tabs on the end of the upper assembly and flip up the upper Assembly which reveals 4 Phillips head screws which when removed allow the amber lower assembly to come off exposing the bulb. Thanks everyone for your input.
Push in with what and what exactly do you mean by "in"? I have tried to push in the white end tabs several different ways and with 2 different sized flathead screwdrivers and all I have accomplished it to make the white tabs less square. This seems like an easy task, but I am to the point I feel like its going to break.

2012 Vesta
ThePicMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 02:30 PM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I guess it would have made too much sense for Monaco to simply install what everyone else has...

How come people have to make things that are simple into something complicated?
puttin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 02:55 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
I took the easy way out. Just replace the cheap light with a LED unit with motion detection. Can be purchased in the big white tent at Quartzsite. deSanford
deSanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 04:15 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by deSanford View Post
I took the easy way out. Just replace the cheap light with a LED unit with motion detection. Can be purchased in the big white tent at Quartzsite. deSanford
Perhaps, problem is that today, I need to replace the bulb
ThePicMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:52 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
If you break the lens I'm sure someone has a whole light fixture with bulb that they will give you. I gave mine away at Coos Bay this last summer to a fellow I met at the FMCA get together there. deSanford Good luck on getting it open. Do you have a new bulb?
deSanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:06 AM   #13
AGP

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePicMan View Post
Push in with what and what exactly do you mean by "in"? I have tried to push in the white end tabs several different ways and with 2 different sized flathead screwdrivers and all I have accomplished it to make the white tabs less square. This seems like an easy task, but I am to the point I feel like its going to break.

2012 Vesta
I used a regular type screw driver to push in the tabs. Problem is that light also has a bead of sealant around it which hinders the cover from moving so even when you push tab in the cover doesnt release until you break the bead of sealant.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:02 AM   #14

Quote:
I used a regular type screw driver to push in the tabs. Problem is that light also has a bead of sealant around it which hinders the cover from moving so even when you push tab in the cover doesnt release until you break the bead of sealant.
Same problem on my 07 Dip. Had to remove the seal before the edges would squeeze. Changed to the LED with motion detector. Mounting screw holes lined up perfectly. Works great!
docnanc1 is offline   Reply With Quote