Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-18-2016, 10:18 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
How to stay "Good Looking"

Hello
I purchased an 09 Monaco Camelot 42 PDQ a few months ago and I get very nice comments "Good Looking Coach, is it new", were ever I go. Any suggestions on wax to keep it looking good. I try not to park under the trees so the fiber glass roof is looking snow white.
Regards
kovalsmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-20-2016, 10:16 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
We have a 07 Camelot, & purchased it new -- Live in Arizona, & keeping paint in decent shape is a chore -- I`ve tried many wax/polishes that are the absolute best according to my fellow RVer`s -- I have found that there are pro`s & con`s to all of them -- For the last couple of years, I`ve used a waterless wash, & it does a good job, & not all the work of the polish/wax -- It`s a spray on, wipe off -- It`s made by Aero Cosmetics & goes by the trade name of "Wash Wax All" -- Best price is on Ebay -- Bill Willard
William Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 10:32 AM   #3
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
We have an 06 Bounder, purchased new & get the same compliments. Best thing we did was erect an RV port for it. Keeps the vast majority of the weather off it & most definitely the RV rays. We used to wash & detail it with 303 Protectant every year. In 2015 I found the Wax Wax All products & have used that, & continue to use the 303 ever since.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 02:05 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by William Willard View Post
We have a 07 Camelot, & purchased it new -- Live in Arizona, & keeping paint in decent shape is a chore -- I`ve tried many wax/polishes that are the absolute best according to my fellow RVer`s -- I have found that there are pro`s & con`s to all of them -- For the last couple of years, I`ve used a waterless wash, & it does a good job, & not all the work of the polish/wax -- It`s a spray on, wipe off -- It`s made by Aero Cosmetics & goes by the trade name of "Wash Wax All" -- Best price is on Ebay -- Bill Willard
X+2. I've gotten comments about the looks of my coach even from RV shops that are surprised how well Wash/Wax All works.
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 05:25 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovalsmt View Post
Hello
I purchased an 09 Monaco Camelot 42 PDQ a few months ago and I get very nice comments "Good Looking Coach, is it new", were ever I go. Any suggestions on wax to keep it looking good. I try not to park under the trees so the fiber glass roof is looking snow white.
Regards

How about a picture or two...so you can get some more adoring comments? Seriously- those were great looking coaches- congrats!
puttin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 06:12 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
I have recently used Meguires waterless wash and wax (only one I could find locally ). Pretty impressed. About 3 hours I think and my coach was pretty dirty from driving I5 rains.
Captjake1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 07:00 PM   #7

Keeping it out of the elements is key .

I couldn't imagine keeping my coach outside. ( not that you do ..just saying)

About 40 years ago I kept my Dually and 48ft race trailer outside for about 5 years.................it about ruined it....I don't care what kind of waxes you use.
I waxed it 5 times a year or more and washed it weekly and the UV rays still eat it up... will waxing it help help ? ..yes , but only prolong the inevitable...... and I cant afford to do this coach deal twice.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9528.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	153.0 KB
ID:	144828

Keeping you coach covered is the key.
Old 11-20-2016, 09:42 PM   #8

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
x3 for aero wash. You can usually find it at rallies, and on Amazon. The initial kit isn't cheap, but comes with plenty of special pads and the short and long pole. I also wash the coach first using an extendable pole and the soap and water go through the handle...I get soaked, but the coach is clean really fast, and then I follow with the "dry" aero wash and wax. Do it about every 6 months...(ok, usually about every 9 months!).
Old 11-20-2016, 09:51 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Which Wash Wax All are you guys using?
Blue, red, or concentrate?
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 06:32 AM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by vito.a View Post
Which Wash Wax All are you guys using?
Blue, red, or concentrate?
The standard cleaner, which I guess is the blue stuff.
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 07:29 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Thank you for your experience

I'll get some of that wax and start using it. I plan on keeping the coach for 2 - 3 years and then letting it go but if we decide we like the traveling life we I will build a barn for it. Appreciate the help, thanks again.
The Explorer
09 Monaco Camelot
kovalsmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 09:39 AM   #12

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
ROOF: Mine is Bright Teck Rubber, but fiberglass is much the same, Mop it at least 2x a year.. Just like a kitchen floor, Spic & Span, Mop, (or in my case a "Van Wash" car wash brush) Bucket, garden hose to rinse and supply water for the bucket.

Sides: Wash with a good Car Wash product. and a good grade of Automotive was.. Now I happen to believe good old Simonize paste wax is the best but the idea of using it on 38 feet of Class A..... NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

I've used Turtle Wax, both paste and "Foam" spray.. I've used that brand that starts with "M" (Mcguilers or close) Again I do this 2x a year. But any good grade of automotive wax will do.

Challange.. Make a trip, round trip at least 100 miles (50 each way) note Fuel use and do the math to get your MPG

THEN Wash and wax

Then Repeat the same round trip and MPG calculations

Prepare to need clean undies as you see the difference.

Suggesiton 2

Before you mop that roof.. Pull the covers off the A/C and clean the condenser coils,,,,, along with anything else needing it.
Old 11-21-2016, 09:45 AM   #13

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I should add. I do not recommend wax on the roof.. The Wax on is ok, but the Wax off.. Well it's a long way to the ground and you will go SPLAT at about 16 MPH and that's going to HURT.

However with fiberglass there may be something needed, I'm not qualified to make suggestions as to what.
Old 11-21-2016, 05:39 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
After seeing the clear coat peeling on a lot of coaches less than 5 years old I have been washing and waxing the roof at least 3 times a year with 4 times being preferable. While it is a pain I find it does go prettty quickly.
Traps90 is offline   Reply With Quote